1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closest place to Chelmsford to Demo A Z4

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chestnut, Oct 30, 2005.

1. chestnut

chestnut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm looking to buy a Z4 for Christmas. Could someone please tell me the closest place to Chelmsford in Essex I could get a good demo. Might help convince wife and ease my concerns about the auto iris.

Thanks for the help.

Chestnut

2. MattB

MattB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello to a fellow Chelmsfordian!
    The closest place I know of with a projector demo room is Sevenoaks at Witham. Haven't been there for a couple of years (went to see the InFocus 5700) and their website is down so not sure what they have these days. Audio-t at Brentwood didn't consider LCD to be worthy last time I asked.
    Let us know if you find anywhere.

3. chestnut

chestnut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Matt

I visited Seven Oaks a month or so ago. They unfortunatley they still only sell infocus projectors and appeared very pro DLP. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough but it appears Essex has a shortage of good projector demo rooms.

Lets hope someone can prove me wrong.

Chestnut

4. gazzerdaman

gazzerdaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    What about Ralyeigh Hi-fi, has showrooms in Ralyeigh and Chelmsford on Moulsham street /Parkway

5. boksbox

boksbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    The Parkway branch branch is getting a demo room for projectors and The Rayleigh branch does have one but they only stock the likes of SIM etc as will Chelmsford.
    The Witham branch of Sevenoaks only stocks DLPs and think LCD isn't woth bothering with.
    There is a company in Hatfield Peverel, forget the name now, they are a bit on the expensive side and mainly do bespoke install, new house cabling etc but thye do have a fabulous projector demo room, mainly had the Epsons on display as they rated them but to see a 10' screen in action was a revelation, changed my ideas such that now I don't know what to do again..If I have their car somewhere I'll post the name.

6. chestnut

chestnut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ralyeigh Hi-Fi in Chelmsford dont currently stock projectors although i've heard its likely to happen in the near future. I talked to one of the sales guys 5 months ago and he annoyed me by instantly dismissing any projector that cost less that 5K as a rubbish.

My guess is they wont be stocking the new batch of LCD projectors.

Chestnut

7. MattB

MattB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Rayleigh HiFi Chelmsford lost my patronage a couple of years ago due to their arrogance and ignorance. Audio-T Brentwood get my business every time - friendly, helpful service and good prices with a bit of prodding.

8. chestnut

chestnut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You always get the feeling their looking down at you. Even thou i've brought a lowe tv and a set of quad speakers of the fellas.

Chestnut

9. Boink!

Boink!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I had that snobbish attitude at their Southend branch and it certainly put me off ever buying anything from their chain ever. Fools.

10. boksbox

boksbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    The place in Hatfield Peverel I was thinking of is called Complete Home Solutions, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post phone numbers here, if not PM me for details, they are getting a Z4 in for demo this week, possibly Tuesday.

11. chestnut

chestnut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Got the details for Complete Home Solutions at www.yell.co.uk. There web site is under construction so im not sure how competitive they will be on price. Thanks for the lead.

Chestnut

12. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I've been in there & the chap I spoke to was very friendly - even though I was on my lorry Tacho break & wasn't going to buy anything - he could've got the idea to get Z4's in after I spoke to him about my Z3..... :devil: