1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

closer and smaller, or further and bigger?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PC_112, Apr 26, 2005.

1. PC_112

PC_112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am thinking to set up my home theater in a 3mx3m room and with a projector like AE700 I will get an image about 2meters wide.

However there is a way to move the screen further to get an even bigger image. Should I bother? Or a smaller image closer, is equal to a bigger image further?

2. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,256
    I think most people will say that a 6ft+ wide screen is the biggest you need to go if you are sitting 9ft+ away.

I'm running a 7ft wide screen from around the same distance, and everyone told me it was too big, but hey, do I listen :)

Bigger always seems more impressive, although the image will get duller the further back you go, and the screendoor (grid on screen) will become more noticable.

Also, you can tend to get tired, if the screen is so wide you have to keep moving your eyes around the screen all the time to follow the action.

Can you not to a temp setup and try a 7ft or (id say total max) 8ft wide screen. You may find its too big.