Closed Subway Thread!!!

robel

Prominent Member
Reaction score
10314767_1433074336943117_845422433408330826_n.jpg

Yeah, but that story about some fella, is just that, a story, didn't really happen.

But Jesus was a carpenter...shouldn't Christians be buying nails & timber as a way to honor him & his chosen craft?

;)

That's interesting, I made a similar joke thread but towards the Muslim religion but nowhere near as offensive, if even offensive at all, yet that thread was deleted.

It goes to show how anything Muslim related within our society is immediately shut down and people pussy foot around the religion in fear of being labelled Racist.

I'm not saying this is the fault of Muslims, it may well be non Muslims that deem any slightly risqué topic about Muslims to be carefully handled and as in this instance, immediately quashed in fear of Muslims being offended.

Of course, my thread may just have been a bad joke.

......that's what the Mods will say anyway :p

I have a question for the Moderators- why has this thread been allowed to remain on the forum yet a similar thread about Muslims gets deleted? I'm genuinely interested why we are treating different religions, differently within this Forum.

I'd like people for a moment to imagine this thread right here was directed at the Muslim religion and towards the way Muhammad died. It would be a whole different ball game.

Two rules, one rule for Muslims, another for every other religion.

Last edited:
On the surface it looks like it's a joke just about Christians. Actually if you read between the lines, I think the image is more about having a dig at Muslims than Christians.

If B&Q were truly banning nails & timber, then yes the image is having a dig at both Christians & Muslims.
As B&Q aren't truly banning nails & timber for fear of offending Christians, then the message is really saying 'Look how tolerant Christians are. Christians aren't trying to get nails & timber banned from B&Q, why can't Muslims be like that re:Subway?'

Aimed at Hippo:-

You can read what you want into the joke but the fact is that it doesn't mention Muslims.

Please try to do the exercise that I mentioned earlier and suggest that the joke was about the way that Muhammed died. Let me know if you feel the thread would remain on the forum.

This has nothing to do with subway, it's about how a Christian joke is tolerated, yet a Muslim joke was not.

woa hold on guys...this was only supposed to be a bit of humour, nothing malicious....

You can read what you want into the joke but the fact is that it doesn't mention Muslims.

Please try to do the exercise that I mentioned earlier and suggest that the joke was about the way that Muhammed died. Let me know if you feel the thread would remain on the forum.
Following the decision by subway to no longer sell ham or bacon to avoid offending muslims, B&Q has announced that they will no longer stock nails or timber so as not to offend christians.
Are you looking at a different joke?

Are you looking at a different joke?

Poin taken. What I meant is that it doesn't directly discuss a specific part of the Muslim religion, it does however almost mock the way Christians Believe that Jesus died

See my edit.

How did Mohammed Die? I'm just trying to see if anyone could come up with a similar joke about Muhammeds death to see if anyone is offended.

This has nothing to do with subway, it's about how a Christian joke is tolerated, yet a Muslim joke was not.
You are not understanding the joke.
The point of the joke is Christians are more tolerant (as B&Q aren't really banning nails & timber), Muslims are shown as being less tolerant (as they have banned ham & bacon) & is having a little dig at them.

Not malicious, & quite funny as long as people don't hijack it & make more out of it.

I saw a joke about a jewish dilemma, but i;m not sure if i should mention it

I saw a rabbi at a bus station and I asked him if there was a bus due

I'd be interested to see if my thread regarding the Muslim subway Joke could be reinstated.

Ok, the joke wasn't actually funny but I'd like people to see what is deemed unacceptable.

There are a number of reasons, not least of which is that, because we are predominantly a Christian nation, jokes about Christianity are to a large extent viewed as jokes about ourselves. Additionally the Christian and Jewish faiths for example do not treat blasphemy in the same way as Islam does. It is not blasphemy to create an image of god or Christ but it can be for Allah or Mohammed. By extension it is not specifically offensive to make jokes about Christ St Peter or God, but it is to make jokes about Mohammed. If a joke about Christianity was deemed offensive it would be removed. If a Christian raised a valid complaint about this thread then it may well be removed.

The simplest way of looking at it is that on principle the Mods don't allow jokes about Muslims that are in questionable taste, that it's not up for discussion and get on with your life... :)

Edit: Inappropriate jokes have always been removed e.g. ones about MH370 and those had nothing to do with Islam.

2nd Edit: When I posted the above I wasn't aware that Wahreo's thread was posted less than five minutes after the original Subway thread was closed because it was getting a bit out of hand, at several members request. So it's as likely that the thread was deleted by that mod to prevent the other thread's discussion immediately re-commencing, than for the quality or content of the joke.

Last edited:
If other Religions or faith based belief's are not exempt from mockery why should Islam be?

Thanks for the explanation, Iron Giant.

I find that concept utterly ridiculous.

This is not a Christian Country, it's Muslim.

I've said my bit now and understand how it can be awkward to deal with these things from a Mods perspective therefore I'll not continue the discussion and won't be returning.

Was that a Bernard Righton joke from way back when? :D

can't remember now - I heard it years ago...

actually - think it was either from the viz - or another like minded comic (from the late 80s / early 90s) called doodlebug... :)

The crazy thing about the whole story is that the Muslims I work with or I talk to couldnt give a crap whether pork was served at their local takeaway, as long as they didn't eat it.

Its the lefty, had wringing "right on" brigade who love to get offended on other peoples behalves or the complete extremists that have the issue. And the daft thing is they end up causing more negative reactions to Muslims than if they had just kept their mouths shut to begin with and gotten on with doing something useful

The middle of the road, happy, easy going Muslims I come into contact with must despair sometimes

Yeah, but that story about some fella, is just that, a story, didn't really happen.

neither did the nonsense that islam is forcing on people to stop them eating bacon. what crazy religion bans bacon? even the scientologists arent that crazy ;)

neither did the nonsense that islam is forcing on people to stop them eating bacon. what crazy religion bans bacon? even the scientologists arent that crazy ;)

If you watch any middle eastern tv, in english, they mute things like bacon, pork and jesus...quite unbelievable how controlling they can be....

If you watch any middle eastern tv, in english, they mute things like bacon, pork and jesus...quite unbelievable how controlling they can be....
I love watching films on TV when I'm over in America, the land of free speech.
So monkey fighting funny :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom