closed headphone recommendations

Wilf

I would be greatful if anyone could recommend a pair of closed headphones for use when video recording. Sound quality is important but the ability to cut out environment sound is a high priority. I will be using a lapel mic so I basiclly want something that gives me the best idea of what the mic is picking up without the background noise. Thought about some bose sound cancelling things but too expensive and probably not ideal for the job.

Budget £50 -100

Been looking at Phillips SPCHP890 at £50. Supposed to sound good but not sure about how "closed" they are.
Grado SR60 also but same issue

Thanks in advance

Mark

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
...or you could look at my post below re the Sony professionals.

alexs2

Distinguished Member
The Beyers are good robust phones,and very difficult to destroy...I've still got a pair from around 28 yrs ago...still working,and I'd forgotten they still made them!

WhyAyeMan

People also rate the Beyerdynamic DT150 very highly too, but I am not sure how the DT100 and DT150 compare, since very few people try the DT100, probably due to their looks. I'd say both probably sound pretty good for closed headphones.

If you can find Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-V7506 these might be a good choice too. Also the Sony MDR-CD1700 is closed, but isolation not as good as some other cans, and not really what you'd call analytical.

alexs2

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by pbirkett
People also rate the Beyerdynamic DT150 very highly too, but I am not sure how the DT100 and DT150 compare, since very few people try the DT100, probably due to their looks. I'd say both probably sound pretty good for closed headphones.

The DT100 I bought ages ago when I couldn't afford a set of speakers,and whilst adequate to the task,are in no way comparable to a good set of Sennheisers,certainly not above the £100 mark.
If you want closed phones though,they are robust,well made,and good for the job of monitoring.

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
I've switched from a pair of senny HD600s to BD DT250s and whilst they are not as good as the sennys they are pretty nice in their own right.

They do an 80 and 200ohm version : I have the 200ohm but they still gave a reasonable output level from an ipod.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom