Close encounters of the unwanted kind.

Boo Radley75

I remember a several years ago a mate and I were in a pub in Camden. There was some weird drunk bloke dancing around on his own, to the afternoon band playing, who kept trying to talk to us. We took the opportunity to move on somewhere else and lose him when he went to the loo. A couple of years later he was on the news. Serial killer, apparently and dumped the remains of one of his victims in the big bins at the back of one of the pubs we were drinking in that day. That was definitely a close encouncer of the unwanted kind! :eek:

Notorious PIG

I saw it happen in India

I was working in Bangalore and me and a couple of colleagues did a day trip to Mysore which was a couple of hours in the car

Going through the rural villages between the cities we saw a group of adults men and women having a communal crap in a field
Seeing that would traumatise me 😱

It was bad enough when I was in that vicinity (somewhere in South India, maybe Chennai, but not in a village) saw a middle class man dressed for the office openly urinate right in the middle of a busy street during the day. I do not believe he did not have access to a toilet, either at home or at work. I was horrified.

But seeing people poo? 😱😱

A few weeks ago I went to a Hobby Lobby in Texas, and when I walked out, a big rat ran past my and my MIL’s legs, into the store. I’m still recovering now, I keep having flashbacks 😭

Lucy Van Pelt

Distinguished Member
Seeing that would traumatise me 😱

It was bad enough when I was in that vicinity (somewhere in South India, maybe Chennai, but not in a village) saw a middle class man dressed for the office openly urinate right in the middle of a busy street during the day. I do not believe he did not have access to a toilet, either at home or at work. I was horrified.

But seeing people poo? 😱😱

A few weeks ago I went to a Hobby Lobby in Texas, and when I walked out, a big rat ran past my and my MIL’s legs, into the store. I’m still recovering now, I keep having flashbacks 😭
It was one of those cases of WTF and cracking up laughing

Our driver (we had to hire a driver, the company wouldn't insure their European staff to drive themselves in India) made no comment at all

But yeah, though I had a amusing tale to tell to those back home, not something I would want to see again

TheShrike

The Romans enjoyed a good communal dump. Sharing the sponges on sticks was probably a step too far however...
The sponges on sticks were sterilised by soaking in vinegar between "customers". Even so you wouldn't want to "get the wrong end of the stick" ;)

Let me guess

The sponges on sticks were sterilised by soaking in vinegar between "customers". Even so you wouldn't want to "get the wrong end of the stick" ;)
Think I'd rather do a bum shuffle like a dog...
Wonder what things we do today will make future generations want to hold up their hands in horror...?
I think eating meat...

TheShrike

Think I'd rather do a bum shuffle like a dog...
Wonder what things we do today will make future generations want to hold up their hands in horror...?
I think eating meat...
Eating meat is a cert I agree. Possibly keeping pets too. Even now keeping birds in cages has pretty much died out compared to when I was young.
I also think future generations will think us mad for piping inflammable gas into our homes.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom