Close encounters of the unwanted kind.

gibbsy

It was a beautiful evening yesterday so the boss and I decided to take a trip to the coast. We were able to park in our favourite bay put our chairs out on the seaward side of a small sea defence wall. I also took my camera so I was busy setting it up and the wife was talking to a young woman about her dogs. There were several other groups of people, some with young children sitting along the wall as well.

I first noticed this guy walking towards us and he did seem to have very little clothing on. As he passed each little group they all fell silent. He was as naked as the day he was born, well apart from sandals and a wide brimmed hat. The wife was still talking about dogs and so I didn't draw her attention to the rambler until he was right in front of her. The look on her face was a treat as she had an eye level view of his nether regions. He must have been in his late 70s or early 80s. He should have had the courtesy to put a covid mask on though.

After he had passed some people shouted that he was disgusting, others like myself and the boss found it quite funny.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Soooooo you didn't feel like stripping off and comparing.. Notes? :rolleyes: :D

Plumsandpearls

Distinguished Member
Picture it, I was about 20 and waiting for a bus. This older guy started talking to me and asked me out for a drink. All I wanted was for a bus to come - anyone I would've been on it.
I do attract freaks and odd balls.

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I wonder if that was the naked rambler who was forever being arrested up here in Scotland a few years back?

iqoniq

As long as he wasn't doing anything pervy then where's the harm? Humans are the only species that have invented clothes.

TerraCanis

It was a beautiful evening yesterday so the boss and I decided to take a trip to the coast. We were able to park in our favourite bay put our chairs out on the seaward side of a small sea defence wall. I also took my camera so I was busy setting it up and the wife was talking to a young woman about her dogs. There were several other groups of people, some with young children sitting along the wall as well.

I first noticed this guy walking towards us and he did seem to have very little clothing on. As he passed each little group they all fell silent. He was as naked as the day he was born, well apart from sandals and a wide brimmed hat. The wife was still talking about dogs and so I didn't draw her attention to the rambler until he was right in front of her. The look on her face was a treat as she had an eye level view of his nether regions. He must have been in his late 70s or early 80s. He should have had the courtesy to put a covid mask on though.

After he had passed some people shouted that he was disgusting, others like myself and the boss found it quite funny.
He was probably bald and worried about getting sunburn on his head.

Wing80surfer

A number of years ago myself & my partner were in Cardiff for the cinema & we decided to get lunch in Wagamamma. All of a sudden out of the window we saw a group of maybe 20-30 cyclists, all totally starkers. I found it hilarious, she didn't........ even less so when I asked if I could go join them

Peeej

AH yes, the naked bike riders, I was in a cafe when 20-30 came pased. I grabbed my camera and started taking photos and was told, in no uncertain terms, that they didnt want thier pictures taken.

WTF - then why are they riding NAKED down a main road, if they had clothes on I prolly wouldnt have bothered taking any!

strangely tim

AH yes, the naked bike riders, I was in a cafe when 20-30 came pased. I grabbed my camera and started taking photos and was told, in no uncertain terms, that they didnt want thier pictures taken.

WTF - then why are they riding NAKED down a main road, if they had clothes on I prolly wouldnt have bothered taking any!
Don't get worked up over little things like that ;)

Platelet

As long as he wasn't doing anything pervy then where's the harm? Humans are the only species that have invented clothes.
We're the only species that have invented lots of things. Antibiotics, shirts, lightbulbs, covid vaccines, underwear, the internet...

You planning on giving that lot up till the Dolphins catch up? :)

TerraCanis

Public place, reasonable expectation of privacy and such.

But, being as they're doing it as a Protest, doubtless they want as much control as possible over what ends up in the media.

Lucy Van Pelt

Distinguished Member
Or he's 62 but years of over exposure have taken their toll

I remember seeing a program about him about three years ago, he is clearly not a well man though showed no signs of being harmful in any way.

Just baffled me how someone could be so obsessed with being naked all the time and let it take over their life and prevent them from living normally

I remember him trying to make a dental appointment on it but insisted that he would only sit in their dentist's chair fully naked

The dentist refused him an appointment, funny that

hi robb

He must have been in his late 70s or early 80s. He should have had the courtesy to put a covid mask on though.

Old men’s nether regions are known to be quite saggy. So I’m not sure the mask would have covered them..

strangely tim

but no one checked to actually see if he was OK? Just abused him, great society we live in now days.
The 'naked rambler'? Not sure how we can help him. He refuses to co-operate with a mental health assessment so he can't be sectioned if needed which leaves prison; so not abuse just no choice.

Notorious PIG

I’d love to be the unbothered type and say “each to their own” or “it really wouldn’t bother me one bit” or “I wouldn’t notice/I wouldn’t think anything of it” but the reality is I think I’d be horrified/confused/concerned/mildly amused/slightly entertained/shocked/sad all at the same time.

iqoniq

We're the only species that have invented lots of things. Antibiotics, shirts, lightbulbs, covid vaccines, underwear, the internet...

You planning on giving that lot up till the Dolphins catch up? :)
I'm not suggesting we give up anything (I collect T-shirts anyway, so wouldn't do me any favours), but I don't get why people get upset over a naked body. My dogs quite frequently go out naked (they do have hoodies for winter though) and nobody bats an eyelid. A human does it and most people have an apoplexy, assume there's something "wrong" with them, or label them as some sort of pervert.

Zombie Twin

Who hasn't blundered onto the "Your Bit" type page of Razzle, Knave or some such publication?

When you reach a certain advanced age, the appearance of such appendages tend to take on a universal look.

1626649829381.png

Graham27

I'm not suggesting we give up anything (I collect T-shirts anyway, so wouldn't do me any favours), but I don't get why people get upset over a naked body. My dogs quite frequently go out naked (they do have hoodies for winter though) and nobody bats an eyelid. A human does it and most people have an apoplexy, assume there's something "wrong" with them, or label them as some sort of pervert.
Dogs also quite happily crap in front of folk, often while maintaining an uncomfortable amount of eye contact.

It’s also perfectly natural for a human to defecate, but I’d be a bit narked if someone did it in front of me and my partner while we were trying to enjoy a day out to the coast. It’d put me right off my mini roll.

TerraCanis

On reflection, many "bathing costumes" these days offer very little in the way of coverage, so if anyone wishes to get their kit off on a beach my reaction is reasonably sanguine. And if I didn't complain on the rare (one!) occasion that a rather attractive young female surfer stripped off from her wetsuit to half a bikini a couple of dozen yards away, it would be ever so slightly hypocritical of me to moan i it was an old bloke strolling down the beach.

Stripping off in the middle of Tesco's or walking starkers down the High St. is another matter!

Lucy Van Pelt

Distinguished Member
Dogs also quite happily crap in front of folk, often while maintaining an uncomfortable amount of eye contact.

It’s also perfectly natural for a human to defecate, but I’d be a bit narked if someone did it in front of me and my partner while we were trying to enjoy a day out to the coast. It’d put me right off my mini roll.
I saw it happen in India

I was working in Bangalore and me and a couple of colleagues did a day trip to Mysore which was a couple of hours in the car

Going through the rural villages between the cities we saw a group of adults men and women having a communal crap in a field

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for December 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best Projectors of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Steve Withers
  • Published
Black Friday 2021: What you need to know
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray Special - The Cinema of Zhang Yimou & Gong Li