Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 28/07/2013

Zavvi said:
Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook - includes emboss and gloss on title treatment and gloss on both the stars and spaceship. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

10795748-1365783449-738332-jpg.390838

Attachments

• 10795748-1365783449-738332.jpg
    10795748-1365783449-738332.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,169
Last edited:
Very nice :eek:

Very nice, it'd be even better if the title is embossed or debossed

Looks nice! Im a big steelbook fan, and im not normally one to moan but this is taking the mick now, talk about mass production. Is everything getting a steelbook release? Yet another re-release and a price Tag of over £15. Im getting bored now.

inzaman said:
Very nice, it'd be even better if the title is embossed or debossed

Erm:

Zavvi said:
Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook - includes emboss and gloss on title treatment and gloss on both the stars and spaceship. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

;)

Looks nice! Im a big steelbook fan, and im not normally one to moan but this is taking the mick now, talk about mass production. Is everything getting a steelbook release? Yet another re-release and a price Tag of over £15. Im getting bored now.

I agree 100% - daft - bored - losing appeal.

bulks said:
I agree 100% - daft - bored - losing appeal.

Really? These are the kind of films people are always asking for, critically acclaimed 'classics', yet some are still not happy :confused:

I'm loving this one, had it on DVD but never on bluray so perfect opportunity! :)

blobby109 said:

I agree, I love this film and really would like to add it to my collection but not at this price. At a tenner I would have per ordered this, Id4, I robot and a few others, £14.99 for a re issue is just too high in my opinion. I am not buying as many as I used to now and think I'm not alone in thinking Zavvi are taking the mick with us collectors.

KoThreads said:
£10 max. £15 for all these re-issues is a ****-take. Unless people want to keep things so overpriced don't buy them.

^^^ Exactly!! This guy knows what he's talking about! Absolutely nothing against this film/steel as i actually want it but us collectors see a new release steel and instantly pre-order regardless of price just to add it to our collection (most of us anyway), and companies like Zavvi know what where like hence the £15-£16 price tags when they know realistically they can sell them for £10.99-£12. If people are happy to pre-order at £15.99 then they keep producing them at these prices. It'll only get worse, start saying hello to £17.99 re-release steelbooks soon, guarantee it.
Anyways back to topic.

Last edited:
Im not buying this one. However, if its available for a cheap price later on in the year I might get it. Not too fussed either way though. Play.com had the right idea selling them for £10/£11. £15 seems a bit over the top really.

it does look nice but as im now saying no to preordering the batman re-releases im saying no here too.

15 quid is just too much when play sold these sort of things for under 11 quid. and it mounts up when you keep paying 15 quid.

i also presume this would only be 1 disc? ill stick to my lovely uk collectors bluray in the hard outer case with the poster, book, 2 disc digipack etc - great little set and only paid 7 quid used. plus i have the amaray with slip from the sony classics collection, so not going to triple dip here.

Last edited:
it does look nice but as im now saying no to preordering the batman re-releases im saying no here too.

15 quid is just too much when play sold these sort of things for under 11 quid. and it mounts up when you keep paying 15 quid.

i also presume this would only be 1 disc? ill stick to my lovely uk collectors bluray in the hard outer case with the poster, book, 2 disc digipack etc - great little set and only paid 7 quid used. plus i have the amaray with slip from the sony classics collection, so not going to triple dip here.

Have to agree, I would normally go for this, it being one of my all time favourite movies but £15 is taking the mick and besides I love the collectors boxset from a few years back... im beginning to pass on many steelies at the moment... :suicide:

+1 ...losing too much good stuff with one bluray disc...

Hang on a minute - you have to buy every one dont you?! ;)

So the one disc thats included, does this have the 3 version's of the film on it?

Shows £14.99 for me?

Would definitely get this if it was the 2-disc release, but it isn't so I'll be getting the slipcover 2-disc :)

Nice to see attention going into the design, but back catalogue releases are way too commonplace now. We want more new release steelbooks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom