Cloned card??

zad

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bit of an odd one, I got a message from my bank saying they had blocked my card because of suspicious activity. I gave them a call and they had blocked 4 transactions to group on 3 x 1 night stays in a hotel and an hour’s tattoo session! They told me which card had been done, I checked group on which I hadn’t used for around 3 years and sure enough someone had been gifting themselves from my account.

The bank said it was from a device that had made a transaction a couple of days earlier for a certain amount which was my partner on her mobile, we both have the same login to the rewards gateway for vouchers etc they said it was a different IP address but same device id so have blacklisted her phone from making any visa payments… I don’t understand how they would have gotten the details, has her phone been cloned? I’ve put some Avira security program on our iPhones but don’t know what else to do? Any suggestions

Was it definitely the bank?

Call a known phone number (printed on statement or back of card) rather than attached to the message

If indeed the bank then cancelling the card and requesting a replacement card is appropriate

Are you with a free (or paid for) credit score checking service, that will notify of any applications for financial products your name

They told me which card had been done, I checked group on which I hadn’t used for around 3 years and sure enough someone had been gifting themselves from my account.
Doesn’t this suggest that somehow they’ve got access to your groupon login details as well?

Was it definitely the bank?

Call a known phone number (printed on statement or back of card) rather than attached to the message

If indeed the bank then cancelling the card and requesting a replacement card is appropriate

Are you with a free (or paid for) credit score checking service, that will notify of any applications for financial products your name
Yes it was the bank I went via their banking app…

Doesn’t this suggest that somehow they’ve got access to your groupon login details as well?
Yeah I’ve obviously changed all the passwords and removed card details even though it’s been cancelled.

I’ve now set up an account just for spending online and in shops.

And I spoke with the bank last night and she explained it is the device that made the fraudulent transaction that gets black listed not ours… not the other way round as was explained originally 🤷🏼‍♂️

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom