1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clone mode on Nvidia FX5750 help needed!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by darrenkarp, Jan 4, 2005.

1. darrenkarp

darrenkarp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have built an MCE 2005 box with an Nvidia FX 5750 video card. I have this connected to both my TV and my ScreenPlay 4805 projector (via the supplied DVI to VGA to M1-DA cable). I cannot however enable clone mode. It was there this morning when I first set it up but whatever I try to do it does not reappear....can anyone HELP!! as I'm near breaking point!

Cheers
    Darren

2. starfire

starfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have an FX5200 with a TV and Infocus X1 via clone but they all use the same drivers.

For starters, do you see both displays in the nview display settings? if it only lists one then you wont be able to choose clone mode.

Have you tried having the 4805 connected and powered on AND the tv connected and on THEN tried a reboot to see what it finds?

What about just TV and 4805 seperately, does it find each one OK then?

3. darrenkarp

darrenkarp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Nview sees both devices no problem but only in single display mode. Every so often (and I can't tell you under what circumstances as I've played so much!) I get a clone mode selection but within a few seconds of me selecting Clone it goes back to Single display!

Darren

4. darrenkarp

darrenkarp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Nview sees both devices no problem but only in single display mode. Every so often (and I can't tell you under what circumstances as I've played so much!) I get a clone mode selection but within a few seconds of me selecting Clone it goes back to Single display!

Darren

5. starfire

starfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Weird, never had that problem - have you tried setting a real basic desktop resolution like 640x480 or 800x600 - perhaps either your tv and/or projector don't like the resolution?