Clone Devices On Harmony 885

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by nheather, Mar 16, 2006.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,040
    I've now got my Harmony 885 doing all the main stuff and I starting to look at refining it.

In particular I'm going to start tidying up the programmable firm keys - there are two elements to this

(i) Replacing the default options you get with the devices with some sensible options - I can do this without any assitance.

(ii) Creating clone devices so that I can make the programmable keys only appear on the relevant activity rather than every activity that uses it. For example - clone my DVD so that I can have 'Watch DVD' and 'Listen to CD' that have their own set of programmable keys.

I can do (ii) on my own but have a question before I start that you guys may be able to answer.

Imagine I have a DVD and a DVD clone device but they actually relate to the same physical DVD player.

When I select 'Listen to CD' the activity will switch off unwanted devices which will include the DVD - but won't this mean that my CD (DVD Clone) is switched off - or is the Harmony clever enough to not do this?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nigel

2. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Yes, but doing it the way you're talking about it will then switch ON your CD player(Clone DVD), which just happens to be the same device! :)

You can also set activities to "Leave unused devices ON" which will avoid the power cycling if you are changing from "Watch DVD" to "Listen to CD" or vice versa.

3. 12 promises

12 promises

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    OK THEN HOW ABOUT THIS/
    I HAVE A HUMAX PVR 800T AND A HUMAX FOX 2T THAT BOTH WORK OFF THE SAME IR CODES.
    OF COURSE EVERYTIME I SEND A CODE TO ONE,IT GOES TO THE OTHER AS WELL!!
    SHOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT TWO BITS OF KIT FROM THE SAME MANUFACTURER!!!:oops:

4. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Not really on subject, but try reading through the Humax manuals and see if there is a way to change the IR language used for one of the units. If you can, you can use the "Confirm IR commands" on the Harmony website so set the Harmony to use the new language for one of the units.

If it's not in the manual, try contacting Humax directly...they might be able to give you instructions for changing the IR language.

5. andersonshatch

andersonshatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You don't have to make another copy of your device to do that - all you have to do is make a Listen to cd activity with the same device - the harmony website did this automatically for me! and the buttons are different i.e. instead of angle, subtitle i get track +- etc.
    This should eliminate your power off problem too

Josh