• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

clone 2nd monitor to TV

acerbiter

Standard Member
Hello,

I currently have the following setup connected to my GXT280 card

1.) Yuraku 22" - native res 1680 x 1050
2.) Benq 22" - native res 1920 x 1080

and I would like to clone the 2nd monitor (Benq) to my LCD 37" TV (1920x1080).

When I try to use a simple DVI cable splitter, all three go black saying "no signal". I suppose that is because GTX280 cannot support more than 2 monitors at a time. Thus I would like use some sort of output splitter box that would let me (manually) choose to which monitor I can send the output. That is, I would like the opposite of DVI/HDMI switch boxes, i.e. instead of 3 input 1 output, I'd like 1 input 2 output. Can this be done? I cannot find any such hardware - or can DVI/HDMI work both ways with regards to the signal source-destination?

Alternatively, would something like DSP-DVI-21 or DSP-HDMI-22 do the job? How would I set the 2nd monitor (output) from within my NVIDIA panel - I guess it helps that both the Benq monitor and my TV have native res 1920x1080 and work at 60Hz, but is that enough?

Any other options apart from adding a 2nd card to SLI or buying a new GTX (e.g. 680) with support for more monitors?

Thank you
------------------------------
mobo: Asus P5KC
cpu: Q6600 Kentsfield (6-F-B) @ 2.4 GHz (1.25V)
ram: 4xCM2X6400 (8GB) 800MHz 5-5-5-18 (1.8V)
gpu: nVIDIA GTX280

MarkE19

acerbiter

Standard Member
thanks, any idea if the input can be from DVI source, i.e. DVI-to-HDMI adapter

will this always send the single to both screen simultaneously, or will I be able to choose (because the former could cause problems with the 2nd display computer settings)

MarkE19

DVI carries the same video signal as HDMI, so a DVI>HDMI adapter plug/cable should work fine.

The device I linked to will output to both displays all the time.

Your other option would be to get a DVI KVM

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom