Clocks change foil the 8000t

Crispin

Established Member
Reaction score
This morning I observed that my Panasonic VCR had automatically changed its internal clock back for me (as usual), but the Humax 8000t had not - and therefore my 4.30am timed recording of 'Click Online' (don't laugh) missed the mark.

Surely this should have been bread'n'butter stuff for the Humax?
(Also, there doesn't seem to be a simple time-set facility on the 8000t - I had to toggle the GMT setting, which caused the time to be reset correctly.)

Strange!

Same here... I am sure it worked last year :(

Mine has failed to change also.

Has anyones actually changed as it should have?

Another Humax cockup. :rolleyes: The only way I can find to fix it, is to change the time setting to GMT+0 instead of Auto.

Also be aware, any scheduled recordings set up before the change, to be recorded after the change, will need to be redone as they will be an hour out. :mad:

The new 9200T has exactly the same problem - the only way I've managed to get the clock correct is to manually set the GMT offset to zero - Auto still adds an hour for BST. I guess it could be the broadcast signal though - maybe they haven't turned the BST flag off yet?

When the clocks went forward earlier this year, I had my 8000T set to make a recording that went across midnight / 1am - I came home next day to find that the box was still recording, not having seen the stop time when the clock jumped an hour...

Don't blame Humax. The BBC had not (as of about 30 minutes ago) put its teletext clock right. That's both analog text AND Freeview text.

my FVRT200 also failed to change - my DVD recorder ES20 also failed - but my video changed OK.
so maybe a digital tuner clock thing - although the ES20 has analogue tuner too.

It must depend on exactly where the time is obtained. My Pioneer DVD-HDD machine (analog tuner only) did not change, until I told it to stop looking at BBC1 and look instead at "five". My ancient ex-OnDigital STB changed when I turned it on (normal behaviour). My Pace Twin, likewise. Humax 8000 - no joy.

On teletext services (both analog and digital), BBC were showing the time incorrectly as of 8:30ish this morning.

when does this normally update? If the freeview EPG data changes, will the timer on my (dads) new FVRT200 change straight away? Or will it be tomorrow now?

As of this moment, the now and next has the right programs finally, but the clocks are still out.

Both my 8000T & 9200T failed to update time,but my Bug Dab radio did.

richard plumb said:
when does this normally update? If the freeview EPG data changes, will the timer on my (dads) new FVRT200 change straight away? Or will it be tomorrow now?

As of this moment, the now and next has the right programs finally, but the clocks are still out.

Mine are also out on the FVRT150, E85, ES20D, and probably all the others because they are still switched off at mains. Just switched the first three on. Progs on FVRT150 are showing one hour ahead.
For the updates on Channel 300 to occur this programme MUST be in your "favourites". Easiest way is to select favs from menu and then select "all" - think its the green button - this will tick all the channels in one go.

Changes are downloaded at 3 a.m. and the Digifusion must be left in standby. Probably be tomorrow now I should think.

Crispin said:
This morning I observed that my Panasonic VCR had automatically changed its internal clock back for me (as usual), but the Humax 8000t had not - and therefore my 4.30am timed recording of 'Click Online' (don't laugh) missed the mark.
Strange!
I too taped something in the wee hours of this morning.

I wasn't sure how my Humax 8000 would react to the time difference so I just went for overkill and recorded an hour and a hlaf either side :D

David Robinson said:
Another Humax cockup. :rolleyes: The only way I can find to fix it, is to change the time setting to GMT+0 instead of Auto.
Same here.

See the post in the DVD recorders forum. It's the BBC prob.

Yes I just come on to ask if anyone was having trouble with the VCR I know my parent (Panasonic same make as mine), a friends and mine have not updated.

With regards the BBC I often look for the latest weather focast on Teletext on Saturday morning and it still has Fridays as the main page. :thumbsdow

I ended up switching my 8000t off and on again at the mains, that seemed to sort it.

I had a really weird recording experience last night. I set it to record Enterprise, The Simpsons and Scrapheap challenge off CH4 one after the other. It recorded enterprise for 116 min instead of 60, but also shows a recording of the Simpsons took place while it was doing the enterprise recording and the scrappy challenge recording at the end of these two is only 3 mins long.

I've not seen anything like this before, perhaps it was a result of the epg being out of sync.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom