1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clock used for Sky+ recordings

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by fingery, Oct 22, 2004.

1. fingery

fingery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it me or do the majority of recordings on Sky+ boxes finish before the end of the programme??

I'm not just talking one channel here either, rather the majproty so it can't be one particular broadcasters timings...

Anybody else noticed the same or am i getting seriously annoyed by myself?? :blush:

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,653
    Think you can pad it out in SKY+ set up menu

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    as john says you can add padding to the start & end of a programme, i have mines set to automatic at the start and end and have never missed the end of a programme yet

4. fingery

fingery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Adjusted mine to add 2 mins to the end of every programme. Cheers John...never noticed the option before.

Perhaps someone can try recording Coronation Street :blush: during the week (for my Mrs). It misses the end every single day :confused:

5. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,653
    ITV hardly ever run on time in the evening :mad: , too many ads ,not enough time
    atb
    John

6. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871

itv are crap for their time keeping, i would use the automatic setting hough as it adds a min of 2 mins and more if needed

7. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    ITV is the only channel I've had problems with consistently - I've lost count of the number of times I've had a problem with them. I don't remember getting it with other channels though.

John

8. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    I've stuck 10 minutes extra onto every recording so that I never miss anything now.

9. blackmaverick

blackmaverick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have been recording the Baseball playoffs shown late night on channel 5 using my sky plus. Each game seems to over-run the schedule by about 2 hours, the automatic has not managed to realised and to start with I missed the endings of a few games. Now I also record the 3 or 4 programmes which follow just to make sure i get the end, as the games can be very long.

10. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto, I have found the same problem. Also the suggestions that everybody has made will work in most cases if you are only recording a single programme. If you try and record two concurrent programmes like say Emmerdale and then Coronation street as an example (and say you want to keep them to copy onto VHS?????), you will get the beginning of Coronation street at the end of the Emmerdale recording. You will then watch the first minute of Coronation street, press back-up to exit and then bring up the recorded Coronation street from the planner and watch it missing the first minute. Due to the timings it doesn't split the programmes up as it should. So you can't convert the programmes to VHS without missing part of it. Did I make sense there? :lease:

11. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52

Read the manual, you might find some more useful tips.