Clock on Panny EH60D hasn't automatically changed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gobstopper, Mar 26, 2006.

1. gobstopper

gobstopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Anyone else noticed that the clock on their Panny EH60D is still in GMT.

I checked my unit last night before bed and noticed that there was an "Auto" setting in the clock screen. This was on, so I left it so and went to bed.

Today I have checked the clock on a few occasions and it is still an hour out.

Is there something else I should have done?...

2. jaigee

jaigee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    No, the same thing happened last October, on the change back to GMT, they eventually changed during the day.

3. pappyon

pappyon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I complained about this last October, and everybody else said there machine had changed.

I have two drmeh60s and they hadn't changed this morning but eventually they did. It seems they do it in their own time if left alone.

Having said that you can change the clock manually if you wish. Instructions are in the manual

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    It gets the time from the TV stations.

You must have the aerial connected before switchon and the machine must be on and tuned in. It should soon aquire the correct time. Leave it on BBC1.

5. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Well I set my DMR-EH60D time to record next weeks TV programmes yesterday afternoon.

Low and behold when I checked the time on the recorder this morning it hadn't forwarded one hour but all my timer recordings for next week had moved back one hour i.e. Planet Earth 21:00 to 22:00 had become 20:00 to 21:00 and Mojo was highlighted in the EPG with the timer symbol rather than Planet Earth.

I would have put it down to user error if I'd only set the timer for one programme but it occured on all seven time recordings. :(

6. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,097
  7. DRAMBO

DRAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The time on my ES20D changed okay. Did you have your recorder on standby overnight, the time is changed when EPG is updated.

8. LCDC

LCDC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A similar thing happened on my EH60D, although the clock actually had gone forward by itself an hour today (unlike last October), but the timer recordings I'd set on Saturday for "Planet of the Apes" (18:00 to 19:00), and "Planet Earth" (21:00 to 22:00) both recorded an hour early when I came to check the programmes tonight :(. The recordings both had the correct descriptions on them, but they'd both recorded an hour too early. What should have been "Planet of the Apes" was actually an hours recording of a black screen :eek:, as ITV4 doesn't go on the air until 18:00. This was extremely annoying, as this series isn't repeated during the week :thumbsdow. Thanks for nothing Panasonic :lesson:.

9. DaveG_UK

DaveG_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    FWIW, I have a Panasonic DMRE75, and find the daylight saving adjustment to be a little sluggish too.

What I have found works is to go into the Time and Date Settings and turn the automatic clock adjustment off, then press return, then turn the automatic clock adjustment back on. This seems to force the unit into checking the current time and thus it picks up on the hour change.

Hope this helps.

10. gobstopper

gobstopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    UPDATE

I double-checked the manual which indicated that the machine needed to be in standby mode for the automatic clock update to work.

So this morning I put the unit into standby mode and the time updated itself automatically within a few minutes.