Clippers for hair

Venomx999

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Now the barbers are shut I’m looking for some good hair clippers. I usually have a skin fade so will have to forget about that for now. So I want some clippers that I can use on my hair to do a 2 or a 3 all over?

Thanks

I’ve been shaving my hair for 40 years, have used all of the major brands including the “pro” clippers from Wahl. If you are doing it yourself then the Remington Quick Cut are the best. Hands down the easiest to use.

Good luck finding any. I joked a week ago that I’d have to start cutting my own hair and now shaving it off’s the reality everyone else seems to have had the same idea.

Going to be a lot of people with dodgy barnets soon. At least few will seem them, I guess. Every cloud, and all that.

I've. Got Wahl clippers and they work well but they don't do edging well along the neck and behind ears.

Any recommendations for precision clippers?

I'm shaved my hair for years. Wahl clippers are robust and will last you a lifetime but difficult to cut with depending on your head shape if you're doing it alone. I also get prone to a rash when using them. The Remington quick cut is easier to use.

For those who are bald, I dusted off a braun 7 series shaver I had gathering dust and tried it on my head two weeks ago and OMG I love it!

Is there a forum favourite clipper for both head and beard use? Those quick cut ones look like they'd be too bulky for beard trimming?

I use my Wahl for beard trimming.

My wife cuts my hair with the Wahl clippers she got to trim our Cocker Spaniel. Have to admit they do a a good job but there is a serious problem with using them. I simply cannot walk past a tree without having to pee on it.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

Currently back in stock on Amazon. Just ordered mine, expected delivery end of April.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The Remington that @DroidSkin has mentioned are the best I’ve used. Have tried various brands for years.

this includes various cordless Wahl Cordless clippers. The design of the Remington is very unique and works so well. Both me and my son use one.

I think we need to find the source for this recommendation and that person to be given a special badge.

We might have a winner ...
I use the Remington HC4250, never had any issues with it at all.
Two friends also purchased on my recommendation and both are very happy with it, so cheap too.

And I'm still using it. :D

The Remington that @DroidSkin has mentioned are the best I’ve used. Have tried various brands for years.

this includes various cordless Wahl Cordless clippers. The design of the Remington is very unique and works so well. Both me and my son use one.

I bought mine within hours of seeing your post a while ago and am more than happy with it.
Good small size, plenty of power and at a very low price.

Even ordered the 20 litres of oil the same as you 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
PMSL:rotfl:

I’m very tempted to add my oil to my Will, for my grandchildren, when they’re born.

Both me and my son use one
and I use mine on my old man* too, when I visit my folks
- always do their mowing (with a Flymo ... the Remington's not that good) and his clipping, usually every 5 or 6 weeks, but now might be a little while longer

* not a euphemism

Last edited:
^^ upon the recommendation of at least a couple of others here ... I posted when it dipped below £20

Is there anything these muppets won't try to price gouge?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom