Clippers for hair

I think that we should include before and after photos of your heads whether you decide to cut yourself with the likely amusing results or just leave it to grow until the crisis is over and you can go to a professional to get it cut which is what I will be doing.

Peace man.
unnamed.jpg

I have a grade .5 all over, surprisingly hair grows quite quick and you notice it more when its shorter, if I can't get to a hairdressers within the next week my head will look like a microphone

Last edited:
I've given in. I need a haircut so have ordered a Remington Quick Cut. My daughters can have a bit of fun cutting my hair :D

Where from please? When I did a search yesterday, the only place I could find that had stock was Remingtons web site.
Just ebay. Weirdly they were less than on the Remington website, but more than the ones I saw in the Supermarket and didn't buy :(

But ahem, some may have to swallow their pride 🤣😳They are the Manchester United special edition that were still available ;) Nobody wants those apparently 🤣

Any chance of before and after pics?
Well I did offer my services for an AVForums virtual online group shave as I can get 256 people interactive online on our video conference system. But Stuart seemed not interested and doing his usual dump and run posting of a thread...But yes, I will post an individual one :)

Amazon had some Remington Colour Cut clippers come back in stock yesterday so I nabbed one. Even if I only use them once, at £13 it’s still cheaper than the professional haircut I can’t have at the moment.

have watched a few videos, including the one above, and they all make it look easy. Probably helps that the people in them would probably still look good with seaweed instead of hair.

Coming Tuesday. What can possibly go wrong?!

Where from please? When I did a search yesterday, the only place I could find that had stock was Remingtons web site.

Ordered my remington quick cuts from argos, everywhere else was out of stock

Don't reference my picture but i have 3 sets, mine, my brothers when he passed and a set I found outside a hairdresser's but no one claimed. I to do it mysef with my wife doing the tidying up bit.

I was thinking about having a number 2 on my head, but if I don't get the angle right, it could be messy.
I think it's a little early to be starting the "two girls, one cup" method of survival. :eek: But do post pics of results.

I'm growing a beard, it already looks crap... tho, only been 10 days...

I did the same since homeworking, no need to look smart so I let the scruffy stubble grow in.

Now I've gone and shaved exactly half of my face. Left side is smooth, right side a growing hairy mess.

I think its part of "stir crazy".

Hi Guys,

I sleep/use with a Ventilator & Mask with cumbersome straps - my hair was really getting in the way as it was very well over-due for a cut - had a few bad nights due to this but have never cut my own hair & have no clippers.

Got really fed up today & all I had was a personal/nasal hair trimmer that came with some attachments & I used the one for trimming the sideburns to try & trim things down (not exactly going to go out anywhere anyway right?) & it now looks like a combine harvester has had been put through my hair - what a absolute mess - haha - major disaster!

If the virus situation is over by the time my hair grows back my barber will be in fits at what greets him otherwise I now too will be investing in a clipper of some sort in the future!

Suave!

On visiting my local Barber, I typically opt for short-back-n-sides.

This past weekend, I purchased a Panasonic Hair Clipper from ‘Shavers’ (the day before they increased the price by £20). They’ve since sold out of that model, despite their price increase. They’ve since sold out on Amazon, too.

Even so, the Panasonic is well packaged, with comprehensive instructions, and is a quality product. Rather than having to swap combs to achieve different lengths, there’s just a single comb, but with infinite/variable/selectable lengths on the clipper itself.

Having not previously tried cutting my own hair, I’m quite impressed by how easy it was to achieve the desired outcome without too much effort.

So, if you’re overly concerned at attempting your own hair maintenance, don’t be. Give it a try. After all, your hair will grow back in just a few weeks.

If you want a really close shave on your heard, I recommend using an electric beard trimmer rather than hair clippers. They shave much closer to the skin than clippers do.

A barber advised to use a beard trimmer a few years ago as I was getting my head shaved every 2-3 weeks. Because I have very fine straight fair hair, It would start to look scruffy within a week so I needed a more regular trim and paying somebody else to do it was getting quite expensive.

The Remington beard trimmer I bought shaves to about 0.2mm whilst most of the clippers shave down to about 0.5-1mm+ because the mechanism is bigger on the clippers. I always shave my head without any of the combs fitted, just the shaver straight to the scalp.

If you are shaving your head, I just think it looks so much more neater the closer shave it is.

Last edited:
That's impressive.

What type of potato did you use?
Did you find the variety made a difference?
Any tips on general potato selection?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom