• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Clip-on / Neckband Headphones - Which Is The Best?

SilverShotBee

Novice Member
Hi All,

First off, im new to AVforums, have had a really good look around and am impressed at the level of knowledge and support that the community have here, so I'd like to say hello to all :)

I've had the same pair of crappy bluetooth Nokia headphones for the last 2 years, they finally gave up on me last week and im in the market for something actually worth putting in my ears.

What I'm after is either a pair of clip on hphones that don't fall off or irritate all the time, or a neckband pair of hphones. I have a budget of around £60 and want them for mainly music, noise cancellation and running/cycling.

I've had a good look at the PMX 680 Sports by Sennheiser and they look really good, except the part where it says:

Acoustically more open - blocks less outside noise and lets you be more aware of your immediate environment (more recommended for outdoor use)

I'm concerned im going to pay for these headphones, stick them on in a gym and all im going to hear is the gym music still, as my gym plays its music pretty loud. I love the spec of these headphones and the reviews they've got, I just wish they had noise cancelling too.

Has anyone got any other recommendations that could help me out?

Thanks in advance! :smashin:

Steven

Senior Moderator
The earpieces will sit at an angle to your ear canal but without a seal, inevitably meaning letting in a degree of environmental noise

3T3L1

The only headphones I'd recommend for the gym are the "banded" ones - these will not come off! I've tried all sorts of other earphones, buds, over ear clips, round the back of head ones but can't beat these.

These are cheap, but do a job: Sony MDR-W08L Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Have currently got these which seem more robust but the ear fittings take some getting used to: Sony MDR-AS100W Active Series Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Nike used to do a similar sports headphone design but I've never tried them.

The latter Sony ones will block a lot of external sound out and sit over your head - the earpieces do take a bit of wearing in but once they soften a bit it's pretty comfortable (you get 3 pairs of different sizes to help the fit).

I certainly wouldn't wear these cycling as they would block out way too much external noise.

The only complaint I've had is the cord is too short without the extention and too long with it!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom