Clio 197 Stereo - Help needed please !!

bencampbell

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to AVFORUMS so if this has been posted before I apologies but I'm looking for some help.

I've just ordered a Clio 197 and it will be here in around 4 weeks, my issue is that I've paid £125 for a 4/15W stereo with MP3 when I can get much better ones from car audio shops for a little extra.

So my question is, does anyone know of a stereo with at least 4/40W output that plays MP3's and WMA's that will work with the hand controls of my 197 and also the display. I've heard a rumour that the Sony MP40 works with the hand controls but not the display. Are there any others?? Are there any leads I can buy??

You help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Try a company called INCARTEC for the Steering Controls - Just E Mail them to make sure they do a lead for the new Clio

Oh and Try the Alpine CDA-9852RB for a Stereo - You should be able to get it for £120 to £130 if you shop around

# CDR/RW Compatible
# MP3 & WMA Playback
# CD Text & Tag title Ready
# Large Display
# 50W x 4
# 1 Pre Out
# Quick Search
# Pop-Up Rotary Knob
# Ai-NET CD Changer Control
# iPod Control Ready (optional interface)
# OEM Steering Remote Ready
# Telephone Mute
# Bass Engine
# Green/Blue Button Illumination
# White LED back lighting

HI,

I have a Clio 197, if you want IPOD go for the new ipod unit.

I have me new headunit being fitted this weekend, DO NOT buy the Renault 6 disc Cabasse unit, it is a sod to rewire as it's wired off to the amp.

I'm getting all my wiring redone with the new Alpine headunit in for IPOD plus steering stalk and remote display controls, check caraudiodirect.co.uk and use the incartec adaptors as people have seen.

Will update on my install at the weekend.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom