Climate change, do we give a fudge?

Do we care ?

• Greta thunberg , yup the earth is dying you morons .

Votes: 89 65.9%
  • Al Gore , I can make a living as the earth is dying , morons.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Trump , fudge the earth , I'm alright Jack , as the we continue to build sh*te

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Boris , I'm with Trump, or whatever ...comes next .

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Putin , we make the rules , we own all

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • China , yeah right mate , bring it on.

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
It's mostly the poor countries being exploited by the richest that causes most of the harm. The Bhopal disaster springs to mind with no real recompense after all this time. Money talks and always will...

You may laugh at my Post, but at least I was being constructive. You say money talks and always will - Well I’m saying why don’t we use this money and sort things out. Nothing is going to change any time soon.
What is it that you are doing to save the World?

You may laugh at my Post, but at least I was being constructive. You say money talks and always will - Well I’m saying why don’t we use this money and sort things out. Nothing is going to change any time soon.
What is it that you are doing to save the World?

I wasn't having a go at you so please don't take it personally👍
I laughed as we already have the UN and UNESCO etc to supposedly help tackle these issues.
As you say, the money is there but 'they' are not willing to spend it as they live their lives of luxury we can only dream off.
I recycle as much as I can, walk instead of driving where possible, give to charities and try to buy all local raised meat as I can to support our local economy. Small things but I feel anything else is pointless in the grand scheme of things as climate change is irreversible in my eyes.

Last edited:
A great little video "Are Scientists lying about Climate Change?"

Last edited:
Looking at it from the other side.
I wonder how many less accidents there have been on the roads this winter.
How many less hours have been lost due to ability to get to work.
How fewer accidents/injuries there have been due to being less severe.
How many old people have not died of the cold, or had to choose between putting the fire on, or having a hot meal.

Whilst snow does look pretty. Having a very mild (albeit wet) winter has major positive outcomes for many in this country.

:)

Small things but I feel anything else is pointless in the grand scheme of things as climate change is irreversible in my eyes.
To quote an old Scottish saying "Many a mickle maks a muckle."
Many a small thing makes a big thing.

Long time since I’ve seen/ heard the word Muckle, it was a common word in our vocabulary when I was young.

I am from Newcastle on Tyne and the local dialect has gone now.

To quote an old Scottish saying "Many a mickle maks a muckle."
Many a small thing makes a big thing.

Me eating many tiny peanuts would make me fat.
Not one peanut on it's own, but a giant family bag ever weekend will, when combined have a negative outcome.

I'm expecting another 20c+ day tomorrow. Not bad for February. All the old timers (aged 70-90+) around here says the weather has changed here since they were kids. They said winters use to be cold with guaranteed snow from Nov onwards, now the average winter temp is 12c, wet and we haven't had any snow settle since 2014. They also said the summer temps use to max out in the mid 20s, now it maxes out at 40ish.

I'm expecting another 20c+ day tomorrow. Not bad for February. All the old timers (aged 70-90+) around here says the weather has changed here since they were kids. They said winters use to be cold with guaranteed snow from Nov onwards, now the average winter temp is 12c, wet and we haven't had any snow settle since 2014. They also said the summer temps use to max out in the mid 20s, now it maxes out at 40ish.

Errrrrr. No :)

10 August 1911 (36.7C/98.06F)
Temperatures topped 100 Fahrenheit, breaking previous records, according to a meteorological correspondent writing for the Manchester Guardian. The report also noted how torrid the weather was in London, the only relief coming from a gentle breeze from the north.

13 July 1923 (34.4C/93.92F)
Experts predicted no let-up, eight days into the heatwave of 1923. The paper described the outlook as 'perspiring'.

etc etc.... See below ;)

I'm not in the UK...

Screenshot_2020-02-06-09-44-05-904_com.facebook.katana.jpg
english summer temps :laugh:

back in the 90s I could tell who was from the east end (walker etc) and the west end (benwell etc) from their accent... but since I've moved away then no way could I now..!

Came across this. Worth a read - I think.

In other words, if we hope to hold warming to 2.7 to 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit (1.5 or 2 degrees Celsius), we’ll have to make the shift to renewable energy faster than we think.

All this is doing of course is releasing back into the atmosphere what was there in the past, before it all got absorbed, and trapped underground.
Wonder if, this all goes back to how it was (is that a good thing for the planet?)
Humans might die out and the Reptiles, which enjoy warmer situations may rise again, and Dinosaurs could come back again.
Wonder if we'd consider that good or bad for the planet ;)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
All this is doing of course is releasing back into the atmosphere what was there in the past, before it all got absorbed, and trapped underground.
That's not really the point. The main issue is the speed at which we're doing it.
Wonder if, this all goes back to how it was (is that a good thing for the planet?)
Humans might die out and the Reptiles, which enjoy warmer situations may rise again, and Dinosaurs could come back again.
Why would humans die out? We originated on the African Savannah, and are adapted to warm climates. Apart from true deserts, there is no land habitat suitable for reptiles which humans couldn't thrive in.

In fact, humans are better adapted than reptiles. We are warm-blooded, which means we create our own environment to a large extent, and our body plans can adapt to changed habitats.

Dinosaurs are warm-blooded, too. They don't need to make a comeback, because they never left. They are brightly-coloured and go "tweet".
There is no 'good' or 'bad' for the planet.

We’re doomed!

We always were. Just a little sooner than expected :smashin:

Dinosaurs coming back would be great :laugh:

The problem is the methane issue again. We'll need to cull more cows!

It's a natural cycle, but again we are adding to the issue which is the overarching point at hand regarding climate change. What the planet is doing is one thing, what we are doing is the other.

A temperature rise won't see us die out, however it will cause major problems as we all know (or should by now).

If we’re going to be doomed just a little sooner than expected, I think most people will be OK with that. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom