Quantcast

Climate change, do we give a fudge?

Do we care ?

• Greta thunberg , yup the earth is dying you morons .

Votes: 59 66.3%
  • Al Gore , I can make a living as the earth is dying , morons.

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Trump , fudge the earth , I'm alright Jack , as the we continue to build sh*te

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Boris , I'm with Trump, or whatever ...comes next .

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Putin , we make the rules , we own all

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • China , yeah right mate , bring it on.

Votes: 8 9.0%

• Total voters

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
By the way, I personally don't class the flat-earthers in the loony/conspiracy class. From what I've seen of them generally I'd mark them as harmless eccentrics, who love winding people up. I rather like them.
Maybe there are a few harmless eccentrics, then again you could see them as lying dishonest individuals who are in it for the money. The trouble is they post their videos on youtube & suddenly there are a lot of young impressionable minds being taken in by all the rubbish like NASA is lying to you its all CGI, personally i do not have time for flat earthers & its much more widespread that it should be than if it were just some harmless eccentrics.
Here's a couple of examples from the tube :
The religious ones are the worst though as they out right believe its in the bible.
Then you have sh*te like this, buy a t-shirt pay to listen to these idiots.

My point is it is not harmless.
Even when the prove it to themselves the still deny the truth of the matter.

Skull n Bones

Only took her parents 5 years it seems 🤔

"It’s not like her parents have been trying to make her a celebrity since she was just 12 years old, only to have their exploitative TV show idea rejected by Swedish broadcaster SVT"

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
Only took her parents 5 years it seems 🤔

"It’s not like her parents have been trying to make her a celebrity since she was just 12 years old, only to have their exploitative TV show idea rejected by Swedish broadcaster SVT"

How dare you...attack a child, shoot the messenger etc 👿

😀

IronGiant

That looks like a credible source :rotfl:

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
I don’t know about the source either. Just listening to her is enough for me to give an indication there is more to this. I even recognise it in my own children at times where they convincingly drop something in a conversation that is actually something I said verbatim.

And an amazing coincidence that the cameras are there all the way. I’m just jealous that I never had them follow me 😂

richp007

Distinguished Member
Apparently there was some flat earth nutjob on TV this morning. Can't believe they even get airtime.

So which one of you lot is going to own up to being on tele this morning? :D

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
Just watched the clip of This Morning with Mark Sargent (flat earther) - it is mind boggling.

Essentially there is a Game of Thrones style snow wall all the way around the circumfrance of Earth!!

Does anyone here agree with anything he says? He makes some "good" points and uses a lot of clever language, but I wonder what the likes of Brian Cox et al would say about these points?

richp007

Distinguished Member
I would hope 'et al' would say he's a lunatic and shouldn't be given air time on the tele to spout such crap.

Beyond comprehension for me how anyone could subscribe to such nonsense. But he is certainly not alone.

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
By good I meant he appeared to put his argument across well and tried to debunk a few facts about the Earth. It’s difficult for me to comment fully on what he said until I do research into it

wilbanat

Distinguished Member
Just watched the clip of This Morning with Mark Sargent (flat earther) - it is mind boggling.

Essentially there is a Game of Thrones style snow wall all the way around the circumfrance of Earth!!

Does anyone here agree with anything he says? He makes some "good" points and uses a lot of clever language, but I wonder what the likes of Brian Cox et al would say about these points?
Brian Cox did once reply to a tweet I think, something along the lines of "The Earth is round, We ******** photographed it !" or something equally clever lol

EarthRod

Distinguished Member
You don't need to do any research on it.

Is the earth flat?

No.

I've done it for you.
Quite right.

Pythagoras worked out the Earth was round about 500BC, he also observed the Moon was round. He worked that one out by looking at it. Harry Stotle also proved the Earth was round a few years later.

Magellan went round (sorry - circumnavigated) the Earth with his fleet of ships in the 1520s, he and other seamen and explorers knew the Earth was round.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Well, might have to cut the grass next week.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Researchers discovered tweets posted by bots created the impression there was a high level of climate change denial.

RIP Mad Mike Hughes the Daredevil entertainer (who i think used the flat earth for a bit of publicity).

Last edited: