Clicking Noise from Denon 2805

xnetco

AVF web host manager
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've bought a Denon 2805 and I've noticed it occasionally makes a clicking nice similar to the one at power on. Does anyone know why this might be?

Tim

xnetco said:
Hi,

I've bought a Denon 2805 and I've noticed it occasionally makes a clicking nice similar to the one at power on. Does anyone know why this might be?

Tim

When does it happen? at any time or when changing inputs?
Give us more info. :)

Sorry mate.

It just happens randomly, usually when playing DVDs but not changing anything, eg volume inports sound fields, etc!

Very weird!

Tim

Hi,

How often does it make the sound when playing back a single film?
Does it make the sound with other inputs? IE not the DVD player

It seems to only do it once an hour or so and on all channels. I had a Sony do it as well, although different DVD now and even different house!!!

xnetco said:
It seems to only do it once an hour or so and on all channels. I had a Sony do it as well, although different DVD now and even different house!!!

Could it be that it's picking up the layer change on the DVD disc itself?

Do you have another DVD player you can try? If so, does it still make the sound?

How is your DVD player connected to your amp?

Does it make the sound with other inputs? IE not the DVD player

if it is just digital sources it could be the digital signal cutting out. perhaps your leads aren't secured very well? are you connecting using a toslink or coaxial? I think that toslinks sometimes cut out, perhaps that is what it is? You could try switching to a cheap coaxial and see if that helps?

Hi,

Thanks for your help guys.

I've been running it on TV today and it still made the same noise. It's got to be something other than the cable or DVD player!

Just to confirm, it's a sort of popping noise like when you switch the unit on.

Tim

HI,

Has it always made this sound?

How old is it?

It's sounding more like a fault to me. Maybe you should take it back.

Could be power spikes through the mains, causing interfierence such as the heating clicking on and off ETC ETC. Try using a decent mains filter.

Hope this helps

Michael

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom