Clever way to buy designer watch at a discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB303

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I want to buy a proper grown up watch (lets say a Raymond Weil that retails at around £900), is there a clever way of getting it at a discounted price?

I recall a chat in a bar one day with a guy who worked in the trade who claimed there are huge margins on those and that you could get last years models and a massive discount.

I know that with Hifi kit you could get deals by bargaining and shopping around but I'm not sure where to start. I'd also rather avoid ebay as I hear there are lots of fakes etc...

Please share your thoughts and ideas thank you!

Tried creation watches?

Thanks people, will try the watch thread ;-)

Looks like creation watches doesn't do the brand I'm after

Hello,
I want to buy a proper grown up watch (lets say a Raymond Weil that retails at around £900), is there a clever way of getting it at a discounted price?

I recall a chat in a bar one day with a guy who worked in the trade who claimed there are huge margins on those and that you could get last years models and a massive discount.

I know that with Hifi kit you could get deals by bargaining and shopping around but I'm not sure where to start. I'd also rather avoid ebay as I hear there are lots of fakes etc...

Please share your thoughts and ideas thank you!

AV kit is superceded by next years upgrade , a decent watch is a timeless classic.

AV kit is superceded by next years upgrade , a decent watch is a timeless classic.

There are new models of watches coming out every year they may not be new tech but a new 'collection' - I'd imagine it has an impact on last year's model prices?

There are new models of watches coming out every year they may not be new tech but a new 'collection' - I'd imagine it has an impact on last year's model prices?

Thats for sites like The watch shop. Classic well designed desiner watches though are the same as jewellery and as such maintain their prices . I have a mate who actually buys watches as an investment opotunity . Not sure if its a wise investment though.

Thanks mate,
fascinating stuff!

Yeah sorry mate I'm not much help I'm afraid and all I can suggest is to save them pennies as you seem to want the real deal on the product. Its hard to get a good deal on quality and if it is then I always have my doubts.

See how much it is at Heathrow buy the cheapest one way ticket possible, buy watch and then decide to miss flight and leave the airport.

As this has now been asked in the watch wearing thread I'll close this one down. Good luck in your quest :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom