ClearDragon 42" 1920x1080

marty2005

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone got any pictures of the Cleardragon 42" tv ?, the one with the 1920x1080 resolution.

Pictures of the rear of the tv and connectors, also the remote.

Can a manual be downloaded?

I was thinking of getting one in.

On the CMO website, the makers of the panel, it says they also have a 47" version.

Do the speakers come off the CMO model? (not the viewpia.)

Is it possible to get them in black?

cheers...Marty

I do not know about the colour, but out of interest in 1080 lcd's did check out the panel details on www.cleardragon.com.

From website, as you may have already noticed, this panel does not have digital video inputs (no DVI or HDMI) only HD via component or VGA.

Does not mention 1080p either, only 1080i however this is unfortunately not unusual for 1080 LCD's at the moment.

Could be worth a direct email to them, as they say they have tested with a HTPC, and are happy with the results.

1080p article:-
http://news.designtechnica.com/talkback47.html

RockySpieler said:
I do not know about the colour, but out of interest in 1080 lcd's did check out the panel details on www.cleardragon.com.

From website, as you may have already noticed, this panel does not have digital video inputs (no DVI or HDMI) only HD via component or VGA.

Does not mention 1080p either, only 1080i however this is unfortunately not unusual for 1080 LCD's at the moment.

Could be worth a direct email to them, as they say they have tested with a HTPC, and are happy with the results.

1080p article:-
http://news.designtechnica.com/talkback47.html

For goodness sake can't someone copy and paste meaningless marketing flannel anymore!

Seriously, well spotted and I've removed that text until the guy who tested the set can tell me more on Monday. Thanks.

Hi Marty,

This http://www.cleardragon.com/televisions/cdtv42_053 is one of set of 4 samples that I bought in a fit of excitement at the superb resolution.

This is a great set BUT, I really wonder if someone who reads this forum will be willing to accept the compromises involved in a set that lacks DVI, HDMI and HDCP possibilities.

Sorry if I appear to be steering you away from my own product. I actually really hesitated before offering them to the public at all and posted for advice on this thread:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248205

The 2 I've sold show the TV is ideal for someone who just plugs in her TV and then never thinks about it again. If you are looking for a future proof set that will continue to be used with the newest technology over the coming 5 years, this set is probably not for you.

I'll probably have a 40' container of these and the 47" with HDMI and DVI in February.

Hope that helps!

Patrick@Ehr

You be selling a 47" LCD 1080p with DVI and HDMI in Feb 2006??????????? :eek:

Will the response time be 8ms like the 42" analogue version at the start of this thread?

May I question the likely price point?

Will there be a smaller version, 47" is probably outside of my price range, even at your reasonally prices (sucking up normally works when I am trying for a discount).

Seriously there would be a great demand amongst HTPC users for 32"/37"/40" versions if it had 1:1 pixel mapping via DVI (and VGA) at 1920x1080@60Hz (if it did it at 50Hz as well it would be on many letters to Santa).

Once the 1080p resolution is confirmed you may be worth posting details of the 42" in the HTPC forum, as some users are still keen on VGA. They probably have 1080p /1080i downloaded films and would jump at the chance to watch them natively. Even without DVI or HDMI sockets, anyway "black boxes" or new generation of Scaling AV Amps "may" make the DVI/HDMI socket redundanct before it stops any widespread piracy.

I noticed that you had the Ateks on ebay (and added to Cleardragon website), previously Viewpa, is this a re-branding or a new supplier??

"I'll probably have a 40' container of these and the 47" with HDMI and DVI in February."

Sounds good, any chance of getting them in earlier or of providing more details.

HDMI and DVI - two digital inputs, $ky and dvd recorder. That's what I'm looking for as I am rebuiding my av system and plan to get HD-$ky.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom