1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear Info on Projector Connections

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ptrm, Feb 27, 2002.

1. ptrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi All,

I've been reading through the forum archives looking for info to inform an impending purchase decision but the more I read, the more confused I get :(

Perhaps the kind inhabitants here can shed some light (read newbie!)

I'm considering the (by now famous) panasonic AE100 as my first projector. I already have the Panasonic SA-HE9 5.1 system with RA61 DVD.

I'm very happy with the system through my 28" TV but now want to move up a notch in screen size....

My question relates to obtaining the best possible picture from my DVD and Sky box (also a panasonic). I don't think my DVD has progressive scan.

Should I go out & buy an new DVD or is there some device I can get to sit between the DVD and projector to enhance picture quality? Will I be disapointed with just out of the box connections? Indeed, how do I connect the DVD to the projector (what cables do I need?).

I'd appreciate a non-technical answers without acronyms or Jargon if possible. It took me a couple of days to figure out HTPC!

If this has been covered before, I apologise. Perhaps someone could point me in the direction of the relevant thread or a good site which explains all of this in detail?

Thanks for the time