1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning VW11 didn’t work!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jules, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +721
    I’ve just tried the air duster procedure on my VW11 to remove a ‘splodge’ of dust that shows on the screen about the size of thumb print.
    I was a nervous wreck as I did it, and don’t want to put myself through it again in a hurry. (In all honesty, getting the thing off and on its ceiling mount was the most hair- raising part).

The good news is it still works just as before…. so I’ve not broken it. The bad news is I’ve not shifted the ‘splodge’ at all. In fact when I first switched it back on, there was a second smaller splodge that appeared briefly but thankfully disappeared after a few seconds.

I’d be grateful of some tips from anyone who’s succeeded with this procedure, and also of some sympathy from anyone else who’s tried and failed.

My own tip to anyone who’s yet to try this for the first time is….. get a new projector that doesn’t need cleaning after just 70 hours use!

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I can't speak for the procedure you followed, or for why the relevant dust particle wasn't shifted.

But, I have to say, I found the cleaning procedure very easy and toally effective on my "10". It took 20 minites including removing from the ceiling, and replacing and re-setting up its position exactly. Not a painful experience AT ALL.