cleaning tyres?

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

Had some great advice on here before about cleaning alloy wheels (thanks), now I want to turn attention to the tyres. As with the alloys I imagine there are certain types of cleaners to avoid. I would prefer a more matte than shiny end finish too.

any suggestions/recommendations?

thanks
joe

Bilberry wheel cleaner - cleans wheels and tyres superbly well and non-acidic. Would not use anything else.

Blue

Thanks blue. I have got quite a lot of Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner left at the minute, so maybe looking for a purpose made tyre cleaner till that runs out. Never tried the Meguiar's on the tyres as well, since the instructions don't mention that, but now wondering if it would be ok.

Meguiars all purpose cleaner or any APC will generally do it but bilberry does does both and extremely well. Agitate with a brush after applying

26.jpg

I always assumed the layer of grime left on my tyres would prevent UV damage, or at least that's my justification for not cleaning them....

Steven Quas
Hamburg

I use "Autoglym: Instant tyre dressing" just spray onto a cloth and rub into the sidewall. That does leave a shiny finnish though, but it lasts a good while and your tyres feel lovley.

As above with the comments about Meguiars APC for the tyres I then finish mine off with Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss.

As for wheels Meguiars Wheel Brightner followed by Iron x

As you can see from the pic not too shiney.

P1020479.jpg

P1020505.jpg

Thanks guys. Been advised by Meguiar that the wheel stuff I'm currently using is ok with tyres too, so will try that. Then finish off with the stuff essjay recommends.

thanks
joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom