Cleaning & screen care

L4dva

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got delivery of my new panasonic plasma screen yesterday. Just wanting to know what is best used to clean the screen, or willl any house hold cleaner do the job like mr muscle?

Thanks

Covered in the owners handbook. Early pages 4/5 I think.

Soft dry cloth, or if needed very slightly damp with clean water or neutral detergent heavily diluted then wiped dry.

If you need to use Mr muscle then I'd suggest you stop throwing popcorn at the screen !

Covered in the owners handbook. Early pages 4/5 I think.

Soft dry cloth, or if needed very slightly damp with clean water or neutral detergent heavily diluted then wiped dry.

If you need to use Mr muscle then I'd suggest you stop throwing popcorn at the screen !
LMAO :rotfl:

i use these

http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-id-68331-Pledge-Duster-Starter-Pack.html

the none sented ones

there ultra soft and charged to attract dust and by using a new one every time you ensure theres no chance of any exsisting crud causing scratching

you could of course spray mr muscle on it if u wanted ;)

actually i think he means the mr muscle glass cleaner which is pretty good and not the mr muscle oven cleaner lol

no really dont spray that on it, if you get finger prints on the screen use a lens/optics cleaning fluid kit

Hi guys,

Just got delivery of my new panasonic plasma screen yesterday. Just wanting to know what is best used to clean the screen, or willl any house hold cleaner do the job like mr muscle?

Thanks

Microfibre cloths slightly damp-job done :smashin:

These can be washed after use and used again.

On no account spray any fluids :eek:

Ron

Any sort of detergent based cleaner could potentially damage either the finish of the surround or the coating on the screen, neither of which you want.

I have two small children, who like nothing better than to cover my screen with horrible slobbery fingerprints. This make a nasty mess and is beyond the usual 'wipe off the dust with a cloth' type of cleaning.

We use a very light, fine spray of plain water, the sort of thing you might use when ironing, set to 'mist' as far as you can and held a good foot or two from the screen. I then wipe the screen with a plain clean cloth to remove all the gunge, they dry the screen using a microfibre cloth to get rid of any fibres left by the cloth.

Depending on how entusiastic the kids have been with the slime, it can take a couple of attempts to clean the whole screen, but the plain water does the job just fine. Of course you need to be very conservative with how much you use, the last thing you want is water inside the set! (in particular watch out for any cooling fans your set might have, which would draw the water mist in)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom