• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cleaning my Sanyo Z2

Bert Coules

I posted some time ago that I was having trouble with picture staining on my Sanyo Z2: brownish/yellowish patches extending from the corners of the image. I put it down to long-term use and perhaps overheating of the panels or polarisers, reconciled myself to living with it, and looked forward to the day when I could replace the projector.

Yesterday I finally decided to do something about the two or three small dust blobs which I'd been putting up with for a week or so. I opened the projector, squirted round with an air cannister as near to the panels as I could get, and set the Z2 up again.

Result: the dust blobs have gone - and so has the picture staining. The image is like new, brighter and sharper than it has been for months.

It might not work for everyone, but if you're having a similar problem it has to be worth a try.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom