Cleaning & Maintaining speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by titanax, Jun 10, 2002.

1. titanax

titanax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all...

How can I clean grime & dust off my speakers? Can I use a damp cloth to wipe the wood surface? I live in a tropical country...so the air is rather humid. Someone suggested wood wax...is that a good alternative?

How about the rubber around the cone and the cone itself? There is a metal ring inside the cone, how do I clean that?

Thanksx

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr Titanax,
    My dear sister sends me a few cans of Mr Sheen spray polish every other month. I also live in a fairly humid country and Mr Sheen works wonders on my old Castle speakers.
    I normally clean them once in the morning and then again before bed time. I find that the faster you rub it with a polishing cloth, the better the effect. The shine lasts that much longer.

3. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another wind-up. They are minorly funny, but so little it's not worth the time it takes to read them.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Master 87,
    Thank you for taking the time to read my comments. I see from your title you are the youngest member here. May I suggest that as such, its past your bed time.

5. titanax

titanax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Alfred,

Thanks for the advise, I will try out the wood wax. How about the rubber around the cone? and the cone itself? Can I apply wax on a piece of cloth & wipe them?

The metal piece within the cone is the driver right? Can I use anything to clean that?

Thanks a million ! :)

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are very welcome my boy.