Cleaning lens

RobTi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone had cleaned their lens on their projectors, I have a TW9300 and noticed when starting up last night with the sun hitting the lens that it looked dusty, and then after a online search screen wipes were mentioned, also in the user manual but after some advice here before I do anything?
Thanks

Lens pen and a Rocket Blower
Shouldn't really be too much of an issue though with a 9300 as they have a lens door cover.

So you have used these and they are okay

Lens pen and a Rocket Blower
Shouldn't really be too much of an issue though with a 9300 as they have a lens door cover.
Hi I just seen what looked like dust on the lens when the sun hit it, I usually close the blinds as I’m switching it on so never noticed before now

I've used a soft microfibre cloth bunched up so not applying direct pressure. More regularly I now squirt a jet of air from a rubber bulb blower every few days, you can see the dust fly off - also no nasty propellants. There's also typically a lot of internal imperfections in lenses which can make things look cosmetically worse but don't seem to impact the picture. Finally, only clean when the lens is cold.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom