Cleaning Kit for SLR / Lenses

nokiauk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
what equipment should I be buying to look after my new SLR & lenses I notice Jessops do this Kit for £9.99 but it seems a little spare & cheap.

So do other people make kits or do I just buy the individual items.

Any recommended items or stockists?

I find a lens pen and rocket blower are the best tools for cleaning my lenses - Jessops do both at reasonable prices.

barongreenback said:
I find a lens pen and rocket blower are the best tools for cleaning my lenses - Jessops do both at reasonable prices.
baronGB - I have a good blower :)eek:) but forgive my ignorance how does a lens pen work?
Paul :smashin:

get some lint free cloths (packs of 50 are cheap - great for glass and camera exteriors) and a blower brush - and maybe a more powerful rocket blower - ( both good for stubbon bits on lenses and cleaning inside the camera - which you shouldnt use anything else for anyway) and thats it.

dont bother with that kit. cotton buds, tweezers and screwdriver are pointless, and not for regular cleaning. and if you're always careful there is no need for any cleaning fluid. ive not used any in 6 years, and have only used the above mentioned to clean my kit (plus sensor swabs)

lens pens are meant to be excellent, they're pen sized (obviously!) and they have a brush one end, and a cleaning bit the other. seem quite a clever design.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom