1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning an LCD Screen ???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jerkyboy, Sep 4, 2004.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my Sharp 30" LCD for a couple of weeks now and I was wondering how its best to clean the screen.

The manual suggests a damp cloth but is there any better way than this.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Im no expert on cleaning matters :D but if the manual suggest a damp cloth, check out the blue e-cloths. I think that they are now available from Lakeland Ltd. We got ours when we changed our kitchen for cleaning stainless steel - with just water they really clean well and gently too.

3. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I use LCD wet wipes. They are available from PC World, 100 wipes for a bargain £4.95.

4. ma94jcg

ma94jcg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my new sony 32mrx1 came with a special cleaning cloth!
    i would have thought most cloths would be fine, so long as they aren't abrasive and you don't use any cleaning products that could harm the lcd screen surface (i wouldn't use any cleaning fluids on my screen!)

5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    AF Screen-Clene safe-clens or screen wipes. It's the proper OEM stuff and is anti-static as well. Nothing better and it's the one manufacturers will recommend.

If your LCD/Plasma screen has been attacked by the kids crayons and seriously greasey marks. Then I would use Sapona Screen Clean. Sapona products are excellent as well.

Both are purpose designed for delicate screen types, though you would be just as wise to check for your own piece of mind.

Remember, you must use a lint free cloth ! Even tissues are too abrasive for some screens.