cleaning a sky remote control

S

spikyface17

hi,

The select key keeps sticking! so I thought it might need cleaning.

the problem is, I just cant get the damn thing to open up, I've removed the screw next the battery compartment and yet it refuses to budge,

am I missing something,

Ow and how do I find out the Rev NO.

thanks in advance.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There's another screw at the top under a U-shaped piece of plastic.
The revision no is on a label in the battery compartment.

sheena

Standard Member
How the hell do you get the black u shaped end bit off?
My back up button has stopped working, was thinking it's either dirty or somethings got in there.
I've pulled, i've pushed, i've tried to prise & i've tried to wedged, but to no avail, please help me

Broadz

Distinguished Member
I've pulled, i've pushed, i've tried to prise & i've tried to wedged, but to no avail, please help me

Push the catch, and wedge a screwdriver or the edge of a knife between the rubber and the plastic. Then ease the rubber off. It goes back on a lot easier than it comes off.

Last edited:
Push the catch, and wedge a screwdriver or the edge of a knife between the rubber and the plastic. Then ease the rubber off. It goes back on a lot easier than it comes off.

I don't think she/he is talking about the battery compartment cover but rather the lens at the other end,

sheena

Standard Member
Yeah, talking about the lens end, there's obviously a screw somewhere under that part, but cant get get the bloody thing off & FYI I'm a him, Sheena's a nickname

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom