• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Cleaning a Plasma panel

pcdoc

Novice Member
yeah I have a wife to and she would try cleaning the screen with furniture polish Arrrgghh!! so I told her I would clean the tv and all I use is normal pump spray glass cleaner brings the scren up lovely and one of those flash flufy things to dust it.

MAW

Banned
I have a Hungarian cleaing lady who'd use a brillo pad if she could. She is banned from cleaning anything delicate at all. Wife? cleaning? wish sometimes she had the time, but then if she did I'd get her to spend it more interestingly.

robin78

Novice Member
My wife has managed to ' clean off ' all the letters on machines like my coffee machine & microwave. I think I´m going to build a fence around my plasma as soon as I have bought one

kevmarshall

Novice Member
No liquids touch my screen.

Dry Microfibre cloth from Asda and occasional breath to shift a rougue finger mark!

Reaperman

Novice Member
No liquids touch my screen.

Dry Microfibre cloth from Asda and occasional breath to shift a rougue finger mark!

Probably the most "sensible" answer in this entire thread...:rolleyes:

looks like a microfibre cloth it is then...cheers

PlasmaVirgin

Walked into my lounge yesterday to witness my girlfriend having just Mr Sheen'd by PHD8.

Let's just say I was none too pleased. Hard to have a go at her though really, as she was only trying to help clean up the house after I'd dropped a few hints about how busy I was.

It doesn't seem to have done any damage though, so fingers crossed it's ok. Anyone know if the screen might have been damaged in any way and is likely to dissolve over Christmas!?? :eek: :confused:

Playitloud

Novice Member
I use a Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfibre cloth. These are available from some Halfords stores.

May be for polishing a car but is one of the best microfibre cloths I have seen or felt.

They just lift the dust clean off my plasma screen.

Just make sure you do not use the one you've just cleaned the car with:suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom