Cleaning a microwave door

ard126k

I've a Neff built-in microwave oven and the glass panel in its door is getting covered with some sort of grey misty layer. I've had it a few years and I'd like to clean the glass but I can't see how to take it apart. Has anyone any ideas?
TIA
Alex.

MaryWhitehouse

Try a glass of water with lemon juice in zapped to boil for a few minute so there’s lots of steam then see if it comes off.

ard126k

Thanks for the tips, but I haven't explained my difficulty very well. The glass is under a cover on the inside of the door and it's this cover that I need to get off to get to the glass. There must be a trick to it....
Alex.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Possibly not designed to be disassembled, as it will contain a coating or mesh to prevent microwave energy escaping. If you damage this, significant energy will be released, which may not only be dangerous, but will wipe out your WiFi!!

ard126k

Looks like you're right. The door has a 'beautification' panel on the inside which comes off relatively easily but under that it's all welded or glued together to prevent tampering. I'm not paying Neff to come out and install a new door, think I'll put a little curtain across the door window;)

Tuono r

Funny that, just had my oven doors off & cleaned them all out.

Microwave..
Send them an e mail & ask how you are supposed to do it.

Tuono r

Tuono r - are yours Neff? How do they come off?
No, Bosch twin oven tower unit.
I have twin oven doors, easy removable.
The glass is easy to clean, just remove two screws, unclip a couple of plastic bits. Simples.
It was just odd that you posted yours, & I had just done mine. :)

As I said, send them an e mail & ask how you are supposed to do it.

ard126k

After some searching I found a web page of spare parts for the oven which kindly allowed me to ask a question about the door, so I've filled in the form and we shall see.
I should say that the Neff conventional oven door is easy to remove, it's just the microwave that's a pain.

ard126k

Reply from Neff :
Hi Thanks for your query, the glass on the door of model C54R60N0GB/02 cannot be taken apart for cleaning. Thanks for using Neff Q&A
..and of course they don't allow me to reply to their reply. :mad:

ard126k

Not that easy. Their 'help'line doesn't accept replies and when I go back to the web page where I posted the question the question is no longer there! Obviously don't like negative comments.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom