1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cleaning a lcd screen

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by fifa, Feb 26, 2005.

1. fifa

fifa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi guys whats the best way to get grubby finger marks of a lcd screen?
    Chears :rolleyes:

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    An e-cloth. The light blue one. Slightly damp but damp enough to make sure that the bit you clean the screen with is all soft.

We got ours from a kitchen shop for cleaning stainless steel appliances but I think that Lakeland Limited now sell them. You will need to check it is the soft blue one rather than the slightly stiffer light green one.

-Ian

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    I think most manufacturers just recommend a damp cloth.
    Personally I just use a clean damp cloth with a little washing up liquid in the water, wring it out well, clean the screen gently without undue pressure and finish off with a clean duster (I suppose an anti-static one would be better).

4. fifa

fifa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    hey thanks guys it sounds a thick question but too us newbies its a bit of a worry as I could see my wife spraying it with Mr Sheen so thanks again

5. lz1cam

lz1cam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do not touch, push or rub the exposed polarizers with glass, tweezers or anything harder than HB
    pencil lead. And please do not rub with dust clothes with chemical treatment.
    Do not touch the surface of polarizer for bare hand or greasy cloth.(Some cosmetics are detrimental
    to the polarizer.)
    (7) When the surface becomes dusty, please wipe gently with absorbent cotton or other soft materials like
    chamois soaks with petroleum benzene. Normal-hexane is recommended for cleaning the adhesives
    used to attach front / rear polarizers. Do not use acetone, toluene and alcohol because they cause
    chemical damage to the polarizer.
    (8) Wipe off saliva or water drops as soon as possible. Their long time contact with polarizer causes
    deformations and color fading.

6. fifa

fifa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    wow thanks lz for so much detail just for info its a toshiba 15vl33 and very good I would recomend it if anyone is looking for a small lcd :D