Cleaning a HD700x/HD65 with a can of compressed air - difficult job?

Cujo101

Novice Member
Has anyone cleaned an Optoma HD700x or HD65 with a can of compressed air? My HD700x has been affected by dust and I need to know if opening up a projector is a difficult process. I can send it back to Optoma (it will cost around £100) but would like to know if I can resolve the problem myself.

thanks in advance

Clarner

Novice Member
There was a post a while back where someone cleaned out a HD700X. They didn't open the PJ but just took out the lamp assembley and managed to do it this way. They posted a series of pictures as well but I can't seem to find the post. If its still under warranty Optoma would probably do it fro free, they are very good in my experience. Good luck.

Dorian

I am in the same situation, I've started to get some occasional flickering of the picture when using my HTPC and having plenty white on the screen.

It sounds a lot like dust. I would be happy to clean it myself but can't find any sort of guide.

I don't particularly want to send it back to Optoma, although they have kindly offered to fix and have sent me an RMA form. Once the warranty runs out I'd have to sort it myself anyway.

Did anyone get anywhere with cleaning? I can't find any info anywhere.

Johnnypanic

Novice Member
There was a post a while back where someone cleaned out a HD700X. They didn't open the PJ but just took out the lamp assembley and managed to do it this way. They posted a series of pictures as well but I can't seem to find the post. If its still under warranty Optoma would probably do it fro free, they are very good in my experience. Good luck.

I think this is what you are looking for -

http://www.avforums.com/forums/proj...ector-general-queries-prices-part-2-a-28.html

Cujo101

Novice Member
OH NO!!! My HD700x has been afflicted by a constant flashing effect (into black & white) on the image :( Has anyone else had this problem?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom