Cleaning 50VT65

michaelsking

Standard Member
Hi All,

Just got a 50VT65, lovely, however it looks like its covered in finger prints when switched off :eek:

What the recommened cleaning protocol for plasmas

I have picked up something called 'This Cleans techlink' which says its for LCD/LED/Plasma screens, has anyone had any experience of this product ?

Cheers

Michael

-Hitman-

Never use any products!

Just a lightly damp microfiber cloth and then a dry one to lightly buff.

k17chy

Distinguished Member
all I use on my vt50 is a clean dry micro fibre cloth. not sprays, nothing. usually give it a dust once a week.

TONYELISE

all I use on my vt50 is a clean dry micro fibre cloth. not sprays, nothing. usually give it a dust once a week.
+1 Just a micro fibre cloth:smashin:
Imo i would not use any sprays or cleaning products on any screen especially a new tv like your vt65 with a product that has been out longer than your screen so your new vt could have a new coating on it that that cleaner has not been tested and would get damaged,dont take the chance.:smashin:

mh74red

Microfibre cloth only, but there are different types. I use one for thats for glass, used it earlier after install and everything ok, nice and shiny !!

mh74red

The one i use is called an "e cloth". Yes, its a little more expensive, but my tv deserves a nice cloth :love:

-Hitman-

those would be fine but a little expensive :eek:got 3 for £1 in asda, just as good :)

Get mine in a multipack roll in the car accessories aisle @ ASDA, perfectly adequate.

Canti1982

I bought a few of them on amazon a while back and they work great.

If you are using them damp then really you should use distilled water that wont leave any residue. Then buff off with a dry cloth.

Also is you put the dirty cloths in the washing machine at 60 without softener they will come up good as new.

Bumtious

Banned
Hi All,

Just got a 50VT65, lovely, however it looks like its covered in finger prints when switched off :eek:

What the recommened cleaning protocol for plasmas

I have picked up something called 'This Cleans techlink' which says its for LCD/LED/Plasma screens, has anyone had any experience of this product ?

Cheers

Michael

Like yesterday during a visit to someone's house.

Just use a piece of kitchen roll. Warm, and damp and concentrate on a quarter of the screen and then use a completely dry piece and dry it removing any smears. (Make sure tv is off)

NBrice

Tiny amount of water and an eCloth is all you need. And you'll be left with a completely fingerprint and smear free TV.
Like yesterday during a visit to someone's house.

Just use a piece of kitchen roll. Warm, and damp and concentrate on a quarter of the screen and then use a completely dry piece and dry it removing any smears. (Make sure tv is off)
I'd avoid kitchen roll or any paper-based product. They're not all manufactured to the same standard, nor are they necessarily pure paper - they can contain impurities and tiny fragments (especially recycled rolls) which could slightly scratch the screen. I'd definitely stick with an eCloth or something of that quality.

Can't recommend an eCloth enough if you don't want any smears at all. Visit Lakeland.

Last edited:

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Never use any products!

Just a lightly damp microfiber cloth and then a dry one to lightly buff.

+2
I use microfiber cloths for glass as wash them in the washing machine to make sure no dirt builds up. Magic.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom