1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clean the lens?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kurben, Nov 14, 2001.

1. kurben

kurben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What should I use to clean my lens? Now I have some kind of smudge on it that doesn't come off. I have tried with a tissue for cleaning computer screens with, but it doesn't work.

Help someone??

Also I have now found a company that sells sceens by the metre so soon I will make my own screen. It cost 52 pounds a metre with the width of 180 cm and has the gain of 1 with the backside black, no borders but them I should be able to make myself.

/Kurben

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Do Not use Water!
    Do Not use Water!Do Not use Water!

The reason is that as it drys will leave little bits of calcium and whatever else your local water authority put in. You will never get this off.

Only clean a lens when it is cold.

Make absoloutely sure that all the dust is off by blowing first to avoid scratches

If it is a greasy smudge huffing and using a lint free cloth may do the job.

You don't say which projector this is. Some use just glass other glass and plastic. Most will have a fine multilayer coating on the front to prevent reflections.

The vast majority of CRT lenses have a plastic front element. Do not use window glass cleaners as they have some chemicals which can cause plastic to fog.

3. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kurben

Do they sell any other types of material (higher gain ?)

Thanks

4. kurben

kurben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They only sell screens in two diffrent sizes, one is 180 cm wide and the other is 213 cm wide but that one cost 68 pounds a metre.
    The company is here in sweden so the site is only in swedish but the brand for the screens is DNP.
    You can off course call them on the number +46 19-168700

The webpage is http://www.dvdmusik.com

Thanks Roland for the info regarding the cleaning.

/Kurben