Classic Ken Bates

Steven

Senior Moderator
:D Raised a slight chuckle here

Go Ken! It's your birthday! It's your...
 

Astraeus

Well-known Member
You see, this is the real reason I wanted him at Sheffield Wednesday. It had nothing to do with the £10 million. :)
 

CFC1

Distinguished Member
Is it true that Ken Bates had Peter Ridsdale thrown out of Elland Road yesterday at Leeds match with Cardiff?......classy Ken, classy......but what do you expect of the man that dissed Matthew Harding so disgustingly after his death? :thumbsdow
 

ScriptDaddy

Novice Member
I used to like Ken Bates ... he used to have a right no nonsense attitude, but now he's a right muppet.

He seems to have a right vendetta against Chelsea at the moment.

Ben
 

CFC1

Distinguished Member
He does indeed. He's a bitter, twisted old man. He bought Chelsea for £1 (and debts) back in the early 70's, did a great job of stabilising us and moving us slowly forward BTW, and Roman paid him off with a reported £13mil golden handshake! He should be enjoying his retirement in his South of France penthouse ionstead of carrying on his petty vendettas. :thumbsdow
 

mickrick

Banned
CFC1 said:
He does indeed. He's a bitter, twisted old man. He bought Chelsea for £1 (and debts) back in the early 70's, did a great job of stabilising us and moving us slowly forward BTW, and Roman paid him off with a reported £13mil golden handshake! He should be enjoying his retirement in his South of France penthouse ionstead of carrying on his petty vendettas. :thumbsdow
And you all loved him, especially when he was carrying on his vendettas against other clubs. Such short memories.
 

Steven

Senior Moderator
I take it you started supporting Chelski just as coincidentally the Russian turned up?

Quite puzzled about an attack on the man who rescued Chelsea ;)

P.S. "Petty vendettas"? Read the circumstances.

The Guardian said:
On August 2 Bates held a press conference to discuss his tapping up allegations and recalled a conversation he had with the Chelsea director Eugene Tenenbaum. He said Tenenbaum made a reference to some people taking Chelsea for "a bunch of schmucks from Siberia", to which Bates replied, "if you carry on behaving the way you are, you'll be taken for a bunch of shysters from Siberia"
I too await Chelski's eveidence as bemused as Leeds
 

CFC1

Distinguished Member
LFC_SL said:
Quite puzzled about an attack on the man who rescued Chelsea ;)
I didn't attack Abramovich! :D

No, if you read my thread "why do we support the teams we do" you will see that I started supporting Chelsea on Cup Final day 1967. The Mears family were in charge back then! :)
 

Steven

Senior Moderator
Yeah, I'll give you that

Still, bringing charges the severity of tapping up youngsters isn't to be taken lightly, and imo to dismiss it as a vendetta is too easy and arrogant

On the other hand Chelski complaining about Bates... ;)
 

CFC1

Distinguished Member
LFC_SL said:
....Still, bringing charges the severity of tapping up youngsters isn't to be taken lightly

Hey, we're the innocent party in all this! Others see that we are a high profile, vulnerable target and they in fact, tap us up! Whether to get better contracts for themselves at their own club or try to muscle in on the success story that is Chelsea. It just isn't right! :D
 

Steven

Senior Moderator
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5300110.stm

6 points off Man Utd? Uh-oh

The "chosen one*" will not be happy

*Always reminds me of the joke from the Simpsons where Bart remarks to Homer whether his band failed as they started thinking they were bigger than Jesus
 

CFC1

Distinguished Member
WTF? We've done nowt wrong, according to that article... "We approached Leeds, and were refused... then there was a window of opportunity which we acted upon......"

Bates is a mad, bad man and it is strange that after decades fighting with and slagging off the FA and more latterly, the PL when he was at Chelsea, he now wants to cosy up with them to try to get back at Abramovich!

Furthermore, should we be ultimately found guilty of this wholly innocent act, (and everyone knows that a miscarriage of justice can happen) and docked the mentioned 3 points, it would only serve to galvanise the team and further consolidate the seige mentality that Jose is trying to foster..... We would still win the league.... :D
 

overkill

Well-known Member
CFC1 said:
WTF? We've done nowt wrong, according to that article... "We approached Leeds, and were refused... then there was a window of opportunity which we acted upon......"

Bates is a mad, bad man and it is strange that after decades fighting with and slagging off the FA and more latterly, the PL when he was at Chelsea, he now wants to cosy up with them to try to get back at Abramovich!
Quite agree. There was a dark rumour at one point he was trying to buy into Arsenal in the late 80s', and it led to some excellent lampooning of his demented antics by the fanzines. The best one being his volte face on fences. One minute telling us they should be electrified, the next week (literaly) they were a menace!:confused: What a guy.
 

CFC1

Distinguished Member
overkill said:
...The best one being his volte face on fences. One minute telling us they should be electrified, the next week (literaly) they were a menace!:confused: What a guy.
Ouch! I remember that whole episode with cringeworthy embarassment! :eek:
 

The_kUrGaN

Active Member
What is this magical sounding "window of opportunity" ?

Chelsea approached. Leeds refused. END OF !!!!!! :nono:

There can be no "window of opportunity" unless they went through this "window" with the apporval of Leeds United AFC.....they didn't, therefore they must have made an illegal approach. It's not rocket science. :lesson:

Mind you, what's worse? How many times do the so called 'Big' clubs make a legitimate approach for a player under contract. The club refuse. The approaching club manager (Ferguson etc) then splashes their interest all over the papers, unsettling the player, who then magically ends up signing for the approaching club. They get their way in the end, rightly or wrongly.

These young players are the future of Leeds United. If only for them to gain experience, help the club, and if promotion doesn't happen and they get itchy feet they can still put themselves in the shop window and attract a more substantial price for the club. Sneaking off like this, shooting in the foot the club that put early faith in them, does no one any good, least of all themselves.

What possible future can these kids have at Chelsea? If it's languishing in the Juniors and Reserves they're after without ever getting a chance...good luck to 'em. I don't see Chelsea exactly brimming with youthful English talent do you? What's up Chelsea, your own Youth Policy letting you down and not good enough?

Innocent Party ??.....don't make me laugh !!! :rotfl:
 

Trending threads

Top Bottom