Classic Doctor Who on DVD

No DW films there yet either yet. I still have few gaps in Hartnell and Troughton so will have a look around those, will be interesting to see if any if the animations are there.

Found quite a few things and added to watch list. mostly stuff elsewhere, but has fawlty towers, black adder, young ones, red dwarf (1-8) HIGNFY, Yes minister / PM etc. Loads of old comedies and documentaries

Interface search seems ok, but no Amazon Fire App yet though so won;t be able to watch on my TV

What's the quality and frame rate like mate?, I know I'm always disappointed with classic BBC material looking rather choppy when viewed on Netflix.
Probably due to the 60hz frame rates.

What's the quality and frame rate like mate?, I know I'm always disappointed with classic BBC material looking rather choppy when viewed on Netflix.

Just watched some of Life on Mars, but on computer, streams ok, will see if I can get it on TV later somehow. Says HD bit can;t confirm that.

I've had a couple of free trials of Netflix. The last was quite a few years ago. As I recall all the non HD material was NTSC. Even the stuff that would have originally been PAL.

Bri

No DW films there yet either yet. I still have few gaps in Hartnell and Troughton so will have a look around those, will be interesting to see if any if the animations are there.

Found quite a few things and added to watch list. mostly stuff elsewhere, but has fawlty towers, black adder, young ones, red dwarf (1-8) HIGNFY, Yes minister / PM etc. Loads of old comedies and documentaries

Interface search seems ok, but no Amazon Fire App yet though so won;t be able to watch on my TV

Doctor who is going to be available from Boxing day it seems, every classic episode including some animated stories.

Hope I didn't get you too excited there Bri!
Serves you right for taking it literally though haha 😉

At least this replacement disc arrived in reasonable packaging.

View attachment 1213804

No the mug didn't come with it as compensation for yet another mistake.

Bri

Sorry; I'm sure the question has been posed and answered elsewhere, but I've been struggling to keep up with things for a while. What is the problem with the original "The Leisure Hive" BD from the Season 18 set?

Also, are there any known problems for which replacement disc/discs have been announced for the Season 19 BD set?

Thanks very much.

The Leisure Hive was missing the original mono soundtrack .
I don't believe there's been any further news on any corrected discs for season 19, I believe there was a few issues with a few TARDIS interior scenes such as a scanner screen oversight.

The Leisure Hive was missing the original mono soundtrack .
I don't believe there's been any further news on any corrected discs for season 19, I believe there was a few issues with a few TARDIS interior scenes such as a scanner screen oversight.

Thanks very much for the reply.

Thanks done now, not been buying many discs anymore and missed this. I send to the NA address, hopefully they ship to UK alright.

Just received my TB S12 replacement discs, 9 days and sent from New York!

Do you have the email address to request replacement disc rojgelf? Please

Uk address for me. Many thanks Bri for email address. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Season 26 delayed until January 2020

The US DVD version of The Macra Terror just arrived today from Amazon. I guess we're back to the 6 month wait from the UK versions being released. I already watched a bootleg version of the animation a while ago but all my sources for getting the UK versions before I buy the US versions have dried up. Miss those days.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It's such a shame the £ is so weak, that converts to around £4 more than it would've been the last time I purchased $ currency and is well over the £15 customs safe limit.

I believe the UK re-release is now confirmed to be the same packaging as the original; anyone considering selling their set to CEX for silly money has missed the chance if they haven't already done so - the price has crashed to £40 now!

I have a feeling the reissue of the UK version of Tom Baker's first season will sell out pretty quick. So maybe hold off on selling any version.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom