Quantcast

Classic Doctor Who on DVD

Theo Maxtible

At least this replacement disc arrived in reasonable packaging.

View attachment 1213804

No the mug didn't come with it as compensation for yet another mistake.

Bri
Sorry; I'm sure the question has been posed and answered elsewhere, but I've been struggling to keep up with things for a while. What is the problem with the original "The Leisure Hive" BD from the Season 18 set?

Also, are there any known problems for which replacement disc/discs have been announced for the Season 19 BD set?

Thanks very much.

Ricky27

The Leisure Hive was missing the original mono soundtrack .
I don't believe there's been any further news on any corrected discs for season 19, I believe there was a few issues with a few TARDIS interior scenes such as a scanner screen oversight.

Theo Maxtible

The Leisure Hive was missing the original mono soundtrack .
I don't believe there's been any further news on any corrected discs for season 19, I believe there was a few issues with a few TARDIS interior scenes such as a scanner screen oversight.
Thanks very much for the reply.

deadmanstar

The US DVD version of The Macra Terror just arrived today from Amazon. I guess we're back to the 6 month wait from the UK versions being released. I already watched a bootleg version of the animation a while ago but all my sources for getting the UK versions before I buy the US versions have dried up. Miss those days.

Sarah7

It's such a shame the £ is so weak, that converts to around £4 more than it would've been the last time I purchased $ currency and is well over the £15 customs safe limit.

I believe the UK re-release is now confirmed to be the same packaging as the original; anyone considering selling their set to CEX for silly money has missed the chance if they haven't already done so - the price has crashed to £40 now!

deadmanstar

I have a feeling the reissue of the UK version of Tom Baker's first season will sell out pretty quick. So maybe hold off on selling any version.

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
It's such a shame the £ is so weak, that converts to around £4 more than it would've been the last time I purchased $ currency and is well over the £15 customs safe limit.

I believe the UK re-release is now confirmed to be the same packaging as the original; anyone considering selling their set to CEX for silly money has missed the chance if they haven't already done so - the price has crashed to £40 now!

I bought using Amazon Import Fees Deposit, where amazon withholds import duty, this was later refunded when it got through, so no dreaded PO fees anymore.

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
Forgot to say all the classic Who is on britbox now, attached screenshot from phone app, its great watching the animations at the moment.
bb dw.jpg

Ricky27

They are talking of a may/June re release of season 12.
Then probably Davison's anniversary season 20 after that with Pertwee's final season (11) and Hartnell's season 2 wrapping up the years releases.

Ricky27

brian s

Distinguished Member
They are talking of a may/June re release of season 12.
Then probably Davison's anniversary season 20 after that with Pertwee's final season (11) and Hartnell's season 2 wrapping up the years releases.
A Hartnell blu? Really? Where did you get that info?

Bri

Ricky27

It's always been the aim of the team to get a mix of releases out there and they fully intend to release all the classic show within this Blu-ray range, mainly due to the success of season 12 and the range as a whole.
Hartnell's may be 2021 as these do get pushed back it seems.

Troughtons final season has also been suggested at some point so that would balance it out nicely.