Quantcast

Classic Doctor Who on DVD

deadmanstar

To answer my own question about the Pertwee Blu-ray it appears to be sold out at Amazon and they are waiting for new copies to be made.

Sarah7

Whilst already looking forward to animation of The Faceless Ones we can now look forward to Fury From The Deep too: (both next year if the timetables go according to plan; there are now two teams working simultaneously on the animations)

Sarah7

Just seen elsewhere that the Season 12 BD is now confirmed to be getting a limited reissue in the UK.

So if anyone's been hoarding them to make a killing on ebay, it might be time to think about cashing in... if not already too late for the highest prices!

Theo Maxtible

Just seen elsewhere that the Season 12 BD is now confirmed to be getting a limited reissue in the UK.

So if anyone's been hoarding them to make a killing on ebay, it might be time to think about cashing in... if not already too late for the highest prices!
That's good news for me - and hopefully for others also. Where have you seen this confirmation?

Great news on Fury from the Deep.

Ricky27

Sarah7

I assume this won't be ltd ed packaging
It may well be the same packaging as the original release; not confirmed yet however it'll still be limited for the re-issue, so presumably they've accepted that lack of availability for the 'sold out' sets was going to impact sales of new releases but day-one collectors will surely want them all to match.

brian s

Distinguished Member
At least this replacement disc arrived in reasonable packaging.

IMG_20191031_112530.jpg

No the mug didn't come with it as compensation for yet another mistake.

Bri

brian s

Distinguished Member
what was wrong with original? I missed that
Yes I missed it too. I contacted them for a replacement disc for the problem on the Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy blu ray. They came back saying they'd send me the Leisure Hive disc! As well as fouling up these blu releases they can't tell the difference between the Doctor and George Smiley. Unbelievable! Apparently there's a sound problem with missing sound effects.

Bri

brian s

Distinguished Member
Yes I missed it too. I contacted them for a replacement disc for the problem on the Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy blu ray. They came back saying they'd send me the Leisure Hive disc! As well as fouling up these blu releases they can't tell the difference between the Doctor and George Smiley. Unbelievable! Apparently there's a sound problem with missing sound effects.

Bri

brian s

Distinguished Member

Bri

deadmanstar

Wait. There was a mistake with the season 18 blu-ray as well? Missed that one. I did get the replacement discs for the US season 12 blu-ray.

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
I'm surprised you missed that.

Thanks done now, not been buying many discs anymore and missed this. I send to the NA address, hopefully they ship to UK alright.

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
so britbox latched today, says 600 classic who by xmas, I registered for free 30 days but no Who yet, so maybe wait a bit before registering. If you like carry on and old detective shows then don;t wait :)

brian s

Distinguished Member
so britbox latched today, says 600 classic who by xmas, I registered for free 30 days but no Who yet, so maybe wait a bit before registering. If you like carry on and old detective shows then don;t wait :)
I had a quick look at this and it says it has Who including the Peter Cushing films and An Adventure In Time And Space.

I believe their ads mentioned Who as well so it's misleading if that's not the case. I've loads of Who on DVD and blu so that wouldn't draw me in. It would be more of their obscure stuff like The Ghostbusters Of East Finchley and Misleading Cases for me. Does it have a logo/dog?

Bri

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
No DW films there yet either yet. I still have few gaps in Hartnell and Troughton so will have a look around those, will be interesting to see if any if the animations are there.

Found quite a few things and added to watch list. mostly stuff elsewhere, but has fawlty towers, black adder, young ones, red dwarf (1-8) HIGNFY, Yes minister / PM etc. Loads of old comedies and documentaries

Interface search seems ok, but no Amazon Fire App yet though so won;t be able to watch on my TV

Ricky27

What's the quality and frame rate like mate?, I know I'm always disappointed with classic BBC material looking rather choppy when viewed on Netflix.
Probably due to the 60hz frame rates.

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
What's the quality and frame rate like mate?, I know I'm always disappointed with classic BBC material looking rather choppy when viewed on Netflix.
Just watched some of Life on Mars, but on computer, streams ok, will see if I can get it on TV later somehow. Says HD bit can;t confirm that.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I've had a couple of free trials of Netflix. The last was quite a few years ago. As I recall all the non HD material was NTSC. Even the stuff that would have originally been PAL.

Bri

Ricky27

No DW films there yet either yet. I still have few gaps in Hartnell and Troughton so will have a look around those, will be interesting to see if any if the animations are there.

Found quite a few things and added to watch list. mostly stuff elsewhere, but has fawlty towers, black adder, young ones, red dwarf (1-8) HIGNFY, Yes minister / PM etc. Loads of old comedies and documentaries

Interface search seems ok, but no Amazon Fire App yet though so won;t be able to watch on my TV
Doctor who is going to be available from Boxing day it seems, every classic episode including some animated stories.

Ricky27

Hope I didn't get you too excited there Bri!
Serves you right for taking it literally though haha 😉