Classic Doctor Who on DVD

Hope this is true as really want it on blu. The art style looks beautiful and would definitely look ace in HD.

It has been made in HD so a blu is certainly not out of the question. This was going to be a day one buy for me but the possibility of a blu has made me think again. I can't afford to double dip on this.

Bri

image.gif

POTD-Steelbook.jpg

Amazon.co.uk are now listing a special Doctor Who – The Power of the Daleks – The Collector’s Limited Edition DVD + Blu-ray Steelbook.
This region B/2, 4-disc collector’s edition includes the black & white animation on both Blu-ray and DVD and now features the colourised version.

The Power of the Daleks [BBC Store] SD £4.99 HD £6.49 using code WHO50
Doctor Who - The Power of the Daleks

Special Offer - First 1000 customers get FREE limited edition art cards. Whilst stocks last!

If you purchase The Power of the Daleks in black and white, you will receive an offer code by email allowing you to purchase the colour version for just £5 SD/£4 HD when it becomes available.

£17.99 on amazon, but ep 1 seems to be £0, I have bought ep1 and will watch later, not sure what to go for for whole story. Can't really be bothered with steelbooks, but seems to be only blu option right now.

Will the blu-ray col ed. have the colour version?
[eit] seems yes:
“Doctor Who: The Power of the Daleks” The Collector's Limited Edition Steelbook includes the black & white animation on both Blu-Ray and DVD, and now features the colourised version.

Watch Doctor Who (Classic) Season 30 Episode - Amazon Video

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Power of daleks blu has shipped, still no price drop, hopefully it will by monday as price is still quite steep!

I started watching the Invasion Of The Dinosaurs DVD tonight. I was very surprised that the first episode was in b&w rather than a colourised version. I later discovered that the colourised is in the extras. Well done for having both and making the b&w version the default. I gave the colour version a bit of a watch and it was better than I expected but b&w was the best option.

Bri

The unfinished Tom Baker story Shada is to be completed using animation.The story was partway through filming in 1979 when a strike at the BBC meant work had to be abandoned. But now BBC Worldwide has announced plans to release 'Shada' as a digital download, and on DVD and Blu-ray, combining the original completed footage with new animated sequences to fill in the gaps.

This version will be released as a digital download on Friday November 24, and on DVD and Blu-ray on Monday, December 4.

Doctor Who's unfinished classic to be completed

The unfinished Tom Baker story Shada is to be completed using animation.The story was partway through filming in 1979 when a strike at the BBC meant work had to be abandoned. But now BBC Worldwide has announced plans to release 'Shada' as a digital download, and on DVD and Blu-ray, combining the original completed footage with new animated sequences to fill in the gaps.

This version will be released as a digital download on Friday November 24, and on DVD and Blu-ray on Monday, December 4.

Doctor Who's unfinished classic to be completed

I heard about this a while ago but it seemed unclear whether it was going to be all animation, which would waste the footage already shot, or whether it was going to use animation just for the scenes not filmed which would mean switching from live action to animation and back again which would be very off putting. And I would have thought only the animation would be good enough quality for Bluray.

I heard about this a while ago but it seemed unclear whether it was going to be all animation, which would waste the footage already shot, or whether it was going to use animation just for the scenes not filmed which would mean switching from live action to animation and back again which would be very off putting. And I would have thought only the animation would be good enough quality for Bluray.

Yep it's a bit of an odd one. A fully animated version option would be nice but that would up their production cost considerably.

Bri

Do they have full audio? or will Tom be doing some voice overs?

ep 1 seems to be £0

Just a promo, unfortunately - not the full episode!

The DVD extras from Power Of The Daleks are now/currently on Amazon Video for £0 too; episodes "102" to "106" of "Season 30" in their numbering. The most substantial being the making of documentary ("104").

However, they charge £3.99 each for the ones that accompany The Underwater Menace when purchased separately from the season pass!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
hmm not sure I have many Mcoys - apart from remembrance and silver nemsis maybe, thanks for tip, some good episodes but some terrible ones too and Bonnie, I have never forgiven Doctor who for that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom