Quantcast

Classic Doctor Who on DVD

deadmanstar

I also bought the Avengers Tunnel of Fear R2 DVD because it was never released in the US. That one I couldn't copy directly but it does play fine on my computer with the DVD player turned off on my Mac computer and using the VLC player. I also have a separate DVD player hooked up to my Mac with the region thing turned to R2.

brian s

Distinguished Member
unnamed.jpg

Doctor Who - Sixth Doctor - Season 23 Collector's Edition Mediabook (code free/region free)

Here you can exclusively order the limited Season 23 boxset, including full German and English language versions, lots of bonus material, a poster, trading-cards and a booklet.

Everyone preordering the boxset until January 26th, 2020 will be mentioned in the fan credits of the product. Please add the name you want to see in the credits when ordering.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
I've not looked into this thread for some time and wasn't aware of the classic Dr Who's being collected into BD sets. I've ordered the Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 14 but it looks like I've missed the boat on the first Tom Baker set unless I want to pay silly money. I notice the US sets are more reasonably priced but the numbering is confusing. So you have Tom Baker season 1 AKA Season 7but its also described as AKA Season 12???

So If I order the UK Season 14 which US season do I need to order to ensure I'm up to date with Tom Bakers run to date?

Even more confusingly Dr Who Complete S12 is Jodie Whittaker. It's a bloody minefield

bigry

Distinguished Member
I've not looked into this thread for some time and wasn't aware of the classic Dr Who's being collected into BD sets. I've ordered the Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 14 but it looks like I've missed the boat on the first Tom Baker set unless I want to pay silly money. I notice the US sets are more reasonably priced but the numbering is confusing. So you have Tom Baker season 1 AKA Season 7but its also described as AKA Season 12???

So If I order the UK Season 14 which US season do I need to order to ensure I'm up to date with Tom Bakers run to date?

Even more confusingly Dr Who Complete S12 is Jodie Whittaker. It's a bloody minefield
Hold fire on buying USA Tom Baker set as the out of print Uk release is getting. Reprint later this year.

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
I like the look of the US sets however, Standard BD case, unlike the bulky UK packaging and the US set is cheaper.
I went for US, nice small amaray, and title of "TB complete s1" makes more sense to me!

$24.99 is a bargain too (I paid more)

BTW US S1 had 2 replacement discs (1 and 6) its earlier in thread, but maybe fixed now.

Ricky27

So you have Tom Baker season 1 AKA Season 7but its also described as AKA Season 12???
Tom bakers first season (1) is season 12 of who , it's not AKA season 7, that's Tom's final season ,known as season 18 which was the third collectors box set released.

ml337

Hmm, they may have taken down the listing already. I pre ordered but no email has come through and still waiting for the listing to show up again. Let me know if anyone sees it

mikemag

Distinguished Member
I just pre ordered and got the confirmation email.

bigry

Distinguished Member
sorry jumped the gun abit thought it was the rerelease edition due to dispatch date shown

Ricky27

Amazon's allocated stock have now gone. I'd advise people who want a copy to keep a close eye on zoom, hmv and zavvi as they should be getting stock soon.

Sarah7

Some folks on GB seem worried that Amazon have sold their allocation; surely a serious miscalculation of the demand by BBC Worldwide if that's really the case. Miwk tweeted that their wholesaler has no access to it yet.

Ricky27

Now available from zoom online through their eBay store for £39.99

Ricky27

All gone again , I do wonder if some stock is being held back for other retailers, otherwise it seems they haven't done a large number of reprints.

Ricky27

This in now available to pre order from all the usual retailers , zoom, HMV , Amazon etc.

Sarah7

Here are the Zoom and Amazon links:

ml337

Any idea if they are planning to re-release any of the other Collectors editions in the UK (e.g. Season 18)?

Also, any clues on the next one up after Season 14?

Number 6

Distinguished Member
I don’t think so, I think they are only re-releasing Season 12 due to the fact the didn’t print enough at the time (unlike the later releases) so people missed out, plus it was advertised as having ‘limited edition packaging’ rather than the whole thing being limited edition.

I believe it’s Season 20 after 14, but that may change.

Ricky27

These limited edition sets won't be re issued in their current form, but who knows , they may release them one day as complete doctor sets, or maybe in different amaray style cases, however with physical formats on the decline this may be the last time we see classic who on disc.

Season 20 should be next, and season 2 and
11 are strongly rumoured in the near future.
Season 17 has already had new extras produced also.