'Classic Brit horror on Blu-Ray (Hammer, Amicus, Tigon etc)'

More announced from scream factory in April....
View attachment 1242273TView attachment 1242274View attachment 1242275View attachment 1242276

I have placed an order for The Lost Continent. No cheap options in the current situation but I wish to partake of one of my guilty pleasures in HD asap.

I may get shot down for this but there are a number of Amicus and Hammer movies that are now out of copyright being burnt onto BD-R by (one) ebay seller (the-movie-shop). The screenshots appear reasonable. Has anyone ever ordered one of these?

Thinking it maybe easier and cheaper to get some releases in this way than an import.

Pretty sure some of these films still have copyright example night of the demon is available via indicator label , hmv has just recently release satanic rites of Dracula as for the hill theres never been a Blu ray release of this title

Just picked up this Hammer title from Amazon Germany for only 9 Euros.

This is 'The Damned' (aka 'These Are The Damned') a typically British slice of dystopian science fiction, as well as a before-he-was-famous directorial effort by Joseph Losey and one of Hammer's finest releases.

The disc contains the full 95 minute UK version of the film (the US version was cut to 77 minutes) in English with removable German subtitles.

A much sought after film for me that was recently made available in a UK 4 disc box set, but the other films in the set that I'd want, I already had on Blu Ray, so this release saved me from a rather expensive double (double) dip.

These are the damned.jpg

Last edited:
To be shared with the Trump supporter of your choosing!
1f642.png
:)

Director Terence Fisher and Christopher Lee on the set of 'Dracula, Prince of Darkness'.
HAmmer censored.jpg

Well not on blu ray or DVD although does look straight to DVD material. But a get together of some of the old Hammer cast what looks almost looks like a home video that the stars were having a party and decided to make on the spur of the moment.
Veronica Carlson still looking good for 74.

BTW scores more than Batwoman on IMDB :rotfl:

Well not on blu ray or DVD although does look straight to DVD material. But a get together of some of the old Hammer cast what looks almost looks like a home video that the stars were having a party and decided to make on the spur of the moment.

From the same writer and director of that an early film of his reminds me of a cross between The Goodies and Ed Wood
Warning make sure your floor is clean before watching as youl be rolling on it with laughter.

Just watched that.

Oh, sweet holy ****ing Christ on a two wheeler bike! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hammer Films alumni Caroline Munro, Martine Beswicke, Veronica Carlson and Christopher Neame, obviously desperate for a few quid / exposure / both.

Looks like a quality footnote to their respective careers. :)

Shades of the cinematic masturba... er... masterworks of Steven M Smith ("The Haunting of Borley Rectory", etc).

Or perhaps, more accurately, the plays of Ernie Wise, as I notice that writer/director/producer has written, directed and produced no less than sixteen (count 'em) "films" in the past 9 years with 'Cowgirls vs Pterodactyls' (I kid you not) coming in 2020.

Take that Spielberg, you ****ing amateur!

Crowdfunded fanboys with video cameras - there should be a law against it or something.

I've learned long ago that the most rabid Hammer fanboys will watch any old sh*te, as long as it features ANYONE who ever appeared in a Hammer film, particularly those from the "I can't act but I've got big tits!" brigade, which means people forking over good money for anything featuring Caroline Munro, Valerie Leon, etc. You know... the greats.

Just check out the gushing praise on the YouTube page for that home-movie Garrett posted above. You'd think Stanley Kubrick had just risen from the, dead and lensed a new masterpiece.

Gorgon comments.jpg

Just watched that.

Oh, sweet holy ****ing Christ on a two wheeler bike! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hammer Films alumni Caroline Munro, Martine Beswicke, Veronica Carlson and Christopher Neame, obviously desperate for a few quid / exposure / both.

Looks like a quality footnote to their respective careers. :)

Shades of the cinematic masturba... er... masterworks of Steven M Smith ("The Haunting of Borley Rectory", etc).

Or perhaps, more accurately, the plays of Ernie Wise, as I notice that writer/director/producer has written, directed and produced no less than sixteen (count 'em) "films" in the past 9 years with 'Cowgirls vs Pterodactyls' (I kid you not) coming in 2020.

Take that Spielberg, you ****ing amateur!

Crowdfunded fanboys with video cameras - there should be a law against it or something.

I've learned long ago that the most rabid Hammer fanboys will watch any old sh*te, as long as it features ANYONE who ever appeared in a Hammer film, particularly those from the "I can't act but I've got big tits!" brigade, which means people forking over good money for anything featuring Caroline Munro, Valerie Leon, etc. You know... the greats.

Just check out the gushing praise on the YouTube page for that home-movie Garrett posted above. You'd think Stanley Kubrick had just risen from the, dead and lensed a new masterpiece.

View attachment 1297740
Well I'll stick up for Veronica but she's been retired since The Ghoul and been living in america and taken up being a painter.
Well I thought she had seems to have made a few wonky wheel films in 1994, 1995 and 2016.
I saw the Cowgirls vs Pterodactyls Joshua Kennedy - IMDb looks like hes making a whole bunch there so bad they're really so bad :rolleyes:

Oh my gawd! This dreadful sh*te is all over the interwebs! Some Hammer fanboy on Facebook described this (see below) as "a love letter to Hammer".

**** me! If this is a love letter, I'd hate to see the poison pen letter.:D

They can't touch you for it these days, so long as it's in the privacy of your own home. :D
It may be long but wont reach to america. :laugh:

Oh my gawd! This dreadful sh*te is all over the interwebs!
Well it is a Gooey Production.

Now I can say to all those trolls that give 1 star rating to mediocre films on IMDB you never seen a film by Gooey Production.
Gooey Skyfall.jpg

BTW ath the end of that trailer I see an other of Gooey Films productions with Javier Bardem now I know why Skyfall was the last Bond film I saw at the cinema, what some actors will appear in for money :rolleyes: :rotfl:

The culprit!!! 'Care in the Community' was such a bad idea!

The culprit!!! 'Care in the Community' was such a bad idea!

He's a legend in his own mind.
Someone's been watching some of the above clips on there mobile near Peters grave, well so long Joshua.
Peter going to get him.jpg

I knew he reminded me of someone...

Exeter.jpg

I finally got round to watching my first Quartermass film (Quartmermass experiment) and I still can't get over the pronunciation of 'Quartermass'. I had no idea!

Last edited:
I finally got round to watching my first Quartermass film (Quartmermass experiment) and I still can't get over the pronunciation of 'Quartermass'. I had no idea!

It's Quatermass, not Quartermass. It's pronounced exactly how it's spelt.

BTW ath the end of that trailer I see an other of Gooey Films productions with Javier Bardem now I know why Skyfall was the last Bond film I saw at the cinema, what some actors will appear in for money :rolleyes: :rotfl:

??? Have you been on the cooking sherry G?

That is a pic/link of Bardem in Skyfall, not in a Gooey Production. I sincerely doubt they could afford his cab fare let alone his salary.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom