'Classic Brit horror on Blu-Ray (Hammer, Amicus, Tigon etc)'

US Blu-Ray.

I watched it and then thought the same as I do of such films:
These humans find a
undiscovered continent, with dinosaurs on, and they just shoot and kill everything.

Wondered if it was a UK release? , as I saw it at the cinema around 1974 ish when I was about 7/8 years of age.

Wondered if it was a UK release? , as I saw it at the cinema around 1974 ish when I was about 7/8 years of age.
I saw it at the cinema too.

No customs with wowhd,they reship from within the UK..takes about 8 days once despatched,ususlly the Thursday before the us release date

Regarding the above comment, I just received this reply from WOW HD

"Thank you for contacting WOWHD!

All orders are shipped from Shepherdsville, KY. Please be prepared to pay the CUSTOMS DUTY and or TAXES your country charges. Those fees are strictly the responsibility of the buyer. We are NOT and CANNOT be responsible for what your country charges. We do not declare packages at less than paid value, and we do not make special accommodations such as opening your package and only shipping discs.

Again, thank you for writing WOWHD. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

WOWHD Sales Support"

Well I've bought loads of items from them well over the customs limit and I've never been hit for charges and I'm aware no one on this forum had any issues with ordering items over the customs limit so take their reply with a pinch of salt

Easiest answer mr lime if don't use them if you don't trust what any of us say on this forum

I have not been charged customs either - one of my orders came to £45.

I'm just trying to obtain clarification. I've used sites in the past that have always been customs friendly and then suddenly I'm walloped for customs on one order.

Last edited:
received Mark Of Zorro,Murdoch Mysteries Season 9 & Titanic mini-series yesterday, £51.50 total,no customs.

I'm just trying to obtain clarification. I've used sites in the past that have always been customs friendly and then sudden;y I'm walloped for customs on one order.
Wasdn't your query about the two Hammer Double Features? If you are worried just order them seperately, they'll then ship seperately (in my experience) both miles inside customs limit.

UPDATE: Just received the first of these today (Revenge of Frankenstein/Curse of the Mummy's Tomb) and the disc is region locked to Zone A (USA). Therefore, unfortunately, these will NOT play on a standard UK Blu Ray player, only on one that has been modified to play multi-zone Blu Rays.

For those with the facility, the films have not undergone any restoration, with Revenge of Frankenstein showing some signs of print damage/speckles. But overall the picture quality is good and a significant upgrade from the DVD versions, with Curse of the Mummy's Tomb looking the more impressive of the two.

Discs are very basic with the only menu options being the choice of each film. There are only 5 chapter stops on each film and with no subtitles or multi language tracks. But at only $8.99 US dollars per disc, and with two films per disc, I'm not complaining.

Halloween viewing sorted! :)

63257_3l.png
63258_3l.png

Last edited:
Particularly looking forward to Curse of the Mummy's Tomb, as this is a Hammer flick that I've never seen.

UPDATE: Just received the first of these today (Revenge of Frankenstein/Curse of the Mummy's Tomb) and the disc is region locked to Zone A (USA). Therefore, unfortunately, these will NOT play on a standard UK Blu Ray player, only on one that has been modified to play multi-zone Blu Rays.

For those with the facility, the films have not undergone any restoration, with Revenge of Frankenstein showing some signs of print damage/speckles. But overall the picture quality is good and a significant upgrade from the DVD versions, with Curse of the Mummy's Tomb looking the more impressive of the two.

Discs are very basic with the only menu options being the choice of each film. There are only 5 chapter stops on each film and with no subtitles or multi language tracks. But at only $8.99 US dollars per disc, and with two films per disc, I'm not complaining.

View attachment 757047 View attachment 757048
Forgot all about these, just had a look on Wow HD and they are currently showing as Backorder. Not used them a lot so was wondering what Wow is like with products in this state? Any advise would be much appreciated.

I had the one that arrived today ordered from Amazon and the other is pre-ordered from WOW.

I'm taking a week off for Halloween. In addition to the Two Hammer sets you've just highlighted I've got the following lined up:

Halloween Complete Collection
Hellraiser Boxset
Squirm
Society
The Mummy's Shroud
Hands of the Ripper
Nosferatu
The Cabinet of Dr Caligari
The Devil Rides Out
The Witches
High Spirits.:)
Bram Stokers Dracula

The second of these discs arrived at the weekend.

63257_3l.png

Pleased to report even better picture quality than the first disc with both films showing much less sign of print damage than on 'Revenge of Frankenstein'.

Last edited:
The second of these discs arrived at the weekend.

View attachment 761733

Pleased to report even better picture quality than the first disc with both films showing much less sign of print damage that on 'Revenge of Frankenstein'.
Glad to hear that, my two are on their way.

Studio Canal prices always are expensive. Hopefully it'll come down in price or it will be a while before I buy it. Took me a while to buy a couple of their other Hammer releases because they were right up there.

I'll pick it up when it's under £10.

Cover is a totally wasted opportunity IMO.

It does kind of match with the rest of their Hammers, except Quatermass and the Pit.

This was crying out for a steelbook featuring the original poster artwork.

Looks like the forthcoming Zoom Barbarella exclusive will hold the crown for best steelbook ever.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom