'Classic Brit horror on Blu-Ray (Hammer, Amicus, Tigon etc)'

Reports surfacing of a UK Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell via Lionsgate/Icon on 28th April. There is an Amazon listing for a DVD at Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Peter Cushing, Shane Briant, Madeline Smith, Dave Prowse, John Stratton, Charles Lloyd-Pack, Bernard Lee, Patrick Troughton, Sydney Bromley, Philip Voss, Clifford Mollison, Terence Fisher, Roy Skeggs: Film & TV - no pre-orders yet but it does claim to be 3 discs so perhaps this is a double play release.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Excellent news. Let's hope it all comes to pass smoothly. My only concern will be the pricing. I'm still waiting for a better price on The Mummy as the cheapest I've seen it is between £15-16 and often it's over £20!

Ha Ha..Just ordered Monster From Hell & Created Woman from Australia, Typical -doh! Not all that fussed about MFH being 1080i as all reports about the disc are that it's a stellar presentation. Be interested to see how the 2 releases compare though.

Last edited:
Blood Beast Terror is £9.99 at Zavvi which is the cheapest I've seen it I think. I have the Redemption BD but this is definitely better on the extras front.

After a quick look over at my collection, a few other considerations :

Virgin Witch (US)
The Asphyx (US)
Killer's Moon (US)
The Innocents (UK)
Schalcken The Painter (UK)

Last edited:
I think I'll wait and see what Network's price is on release as I'll probably look for reviews in comparison to the Synapse BD anyway. If it's not £9.18 and goes up everywhere then there's always Network's sales which they seem to have at least once a year. There was one in July last year and I picked up The Man Who Haunted Himself for a little over £7 only a matter of weeks after it was released.

Some strange Amazon pricing at the moment. Both are currently a lot cheaper at the Arrow store for a limited time. Theatre is £12.99 until Feb 28th and Phibes is £19.99 until April 30th. The downside is that take payment on order but then you also get effectively 10p per £1 spent back in reward points to use on another order.

Cheers. Locked it in just in case. Today is also the last day of a barely used Prime trial so at least it'll be release-day delivery as well.

Scream Factory have announced they'll be releasing The Legend Of Hell House this year. I'm still yet to buy the German BD so I'll wait and see how this one stacks up now, unless we see an Arrow release as well.

Countess Dracula Blu-ray

Synapse Films has dated its upcoming Blu-ray release of director Peter Sasdy's Countess Dracula (1971), starring Ingrid Pitt, Nigel Green, Sandor Elès, Lesley-Anne Down, and Maurice Denham. The release will be available for purchase on May 6th.

The beautiful Ingrid Pitt (The Wicker Man, Where Eagles Dare) stars as Elisabeth Nádasdy, an aging Hungarian Countess who discovers she can reverse her aging by bathing in the blood of young women. While in her youthful state, the Countess falls for the handsome Lt. Imre Toth (Sandor Elès), and impersonates her own daughter to win his affections. Soon, girls in the village go missing… kidnapped and murdered by the Countess and her steward, Julie (Patience Collier) to satiate her horrifying bloodlust. Can Elisabeth live a life of deception with her grotesque lust for blood to stay eternally young, or will her ghoulish secret finally be revealed? Co-starring Nigel Green (Jason and the Argonauts).

Special Features:

• Audio Commentary With Actress Ingrid Pitt, Director Peter Sasdy, Screenwriter Jeremy Paul And Author Jonathan Sothcott
  • Immortal Countess: The Cinematic Life Of Ingrid Pitt Featurette
  • Audio Interview With Ingrid Pitt
  • Still Gallery
  • Reversible Cover Artwork
  • Theatrical Trailer

Countess Dracula Blu-ray

British distributors Icon Home Entertainment have officially announced and detailed their upcoming Blu-ray release of director Terence Fisher's Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell (1973), starring Peter Cushing, Shane Briant, Madeline Smith, David Prowse, Patrick Troughton, and Bernard Lee. The release will be available for purchase on April 28th. ay to creating a new living creature assembled from the vital organs of murdered criminals and madmen.

Special Features:
  • Taking Over The Asylum: The Making Of Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell.
  • Charming Evil: Terence Fisher at Hammer.
  • Audio commentary by Shane Briant and Madeline Smith, moderated by Marcus Hearn.
  • Animated stills gallery.
Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell Blu-ray

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom