• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Classe Audio,Audio Research, Wadia... sale help

Hi AVF'ers,

I'm reluctant to ask for this kind of help but I'm at a loss, My brother has asked me to sell his hifi but I have no idea where to start, this was pretty expensive equipment but obviously old now so I'd really appreciate if anyone can give me some insight with value and the best place to sell.

Classe Audio DR10 power amp
Audio Research LS2 pre amp
Audio Research PH1 phono amp
Wadia 8 CD transport
Linn LP12 turntable
Theta DSPRO Prime DAC
Quad FM4 tuner
Audioplan Kontrast 2 speakers

Kurchatov

Banned
My best guess on ebay prices would be total just below £3k

Linn LP12 prices vary depending on version and what arm and cartridge fitted.

Classe Dr10 worth around £4-500

audio Research LS2 is difficult sale as not a very good unit.

Happy to give more detail and point you towards possible outlets if you want to PM me.

This was a good system. What about cables, stand etc? They can have some value.

My best guess on ebay prices would be total just below £3k

Linn LP12 prices vary depending on version and what arm and cartridge fitted.

Classe Dr10 worth around £4-500

audio Research LS2 is difficult sale as not a very good unit.

Happy to give more detail and point you towards possible outlets if you want to PM me.

This was a good system. What about cables, stand etc? They can have some value.

Thanks for the info, that's more than I thought tbh, do you think ebay is the best place to sell? Because they are pretty baulky/heavy, I don't particularly want to post them.

No stand as such, just a couple of isolation shelfs (not sure what they're actually called??) but there are Van Den Hul, MIT Zap 1 & XLO interconnects.

Is selling the lot to a dealer feasible?

Kurchatov

Banned
It depends on how much you want for it. Dealer would pay probably half of numbers I posted above. Ebay is ok but sending can be a pain.

Where are you located? Dependant on location, I might be able to point you towards best options.

As I mentioned earlier, feel free to drop me s private message for more detailed discussion.

Ianfromnotts

I would also go the ebay route for best prices - collection only is possible but seldom gives best prices. Might be worth listing it at say £4000-£5000 as a "buy it now" non auction listing with collection only but add a "make me an offer" option on it. see what happens.

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
Don't forget the commission ebay charges. I believe it is 10% of sale price which they do not take straight away.

Kurchatov

Banned
I would also go the ebay route for best prices - collection only is possible but seldom gives best prices. Might be worth listing it at say £4000-£5000 as a "buy it now" non auction listing with collection only but add a "make me an offer" option on it. see what happens.

Listing like that as a package does not sound a good idea. Unlikely to find a package buyer.

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
Classified on here, of course. Hi fi Wigwam do private classifieds, IIRC you can buy membership for £10. The Wammers are probably more interested in higher-end hi-fi than the AV forum users.

Ebay of course, but to get the best prices you'd need to post so have to source boxes and packaging. If you do offer collection for delicates items like the LP12, just be aware of the Paypal/collection/not received claim scam and only take cash.

>total just below £3k<

Maybe more. A Wadia 8 went for £650 on t'Bay last year.

Last edited:

avaon

Standard Member
that's no problem at all, i did an audio research for sale search on google and stumbled upon this, can i message the poster?...

alexs2

Distinguished Member
that's no problem at all, i did an audio research for sale search on google and stumbled upon this, can i message the poster?...

No...please read the trading rules here....

Trading Rules

Then open a Wanted thread in the classifieds and direct the poster to it.

That keeps all transactions in one area,and also safeguards members in the event of any problems during trading.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom