1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class of 1984 any news of dvd release

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dvdric, Apr 6, 2002.

1. dvdric

dvdric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Is there any news of this classic film been released on dvd the second film is out why not the first and uncut ive got it on ntsc video but its not as good as dvd.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI DVDRic,

I think, if my memory serves, that at one time, this was on a temporary list (i.e. not any official list) as being a "video nasty".

Also, because of the potentially contentious nature of the film i.e. teachers killing students and vice versa, then I don't think that film companies in the UK want to risk it - at least for the time being.

Try checking the BBFC website to see if it has been recently classified in any form. Alternatively, it may be available on import DVD from Japan, the USA or Europe. If it is, then you'll need a multi-region DVD player and (possibly) an NTSC-compatible TV as well. See if somewhere like... http://www.dc-dvd.net ...have it listed at all.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Pooch

3. dvdric

dvdric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks ive got it on ntsc video im hoping anchor bay release it as they are releasing the prowler later in the year uncut so i hope they get the rights to this thanks dvdric.

4. Shirleyghostman

Shirleyghostman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I HAVE IT ON DVD , UNCUT FRENCH VERSION WITH SUBTITLES REMOVED AND COULD ALWAYS BE CONTACTED ON HOW TO OBTAIN A COPY! JUST EMAIL ME :)

5. aprout

aprout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +489
    Nothing like dragging up a 3 year old thread, eh Shirley? ;)

Anchor Bay are releasing this in the US later this year. From their website:

CLASS OF 1984 (1982)

School is in session and soon the students will be at war in this '80s cult classic featuring an early role for future-superstar Michael J. Fox. An all-new restored 16x9 Widescreen Transfer has been completed along with an audio commentary with director Mark L. Lester, and many other extras TBA. Look for this in Late Summer 2005.

http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/index.asp?p=IntheFuture

6. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We sell this too...

7. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just be warned the Anchor bay version is meant to be a 'Directors Preferred' version - so it could end up like Evilspeak and they release a cut version.
    I would wait and read some reviews of it before you buy just to be sure.
    The French dvd is uncut and includes DTS but has french subs and not much in the way of extras.